Duncanville Invitational 2010

Does anyone know the line-up for Duncanville invitational? It hasn't been posted on the website.

Please and thank you B)

Ah, Anthony. You may or may not remember me from last year. I conducted through parts 5 and 7, and as I recall we also shared the same chemistry class, and lab table. As with regards to Duncanville, I know not who else is coming for sure, but I can say this: Waxahachie will be there for the 4A competition, and its probably a sure bet that other bands in region 21 such as Poteet, Friendswood, (both 4A) and likely for the 5A class, you might see Berkner, Hebron, maybe Marcus, Plano East perhaps. This is all based on previous entrances in the contest so nothing is for sure, but I believe it might be a good guess.

Also on an unrelated topic, I would like to hear from you concerning updates on the past band camp, the DM audition, your foretold awesome marching show this year, especially musical selections, and how Mr.Byrd is doing since Watson.

Ah, Anthony. You may or may not remember me from last year. I conducted through parts 5 and 7, and as I recall we also shared the same chemistry class, and lab table. As with regards to Duncanville, I know not who else is coming for sure, but I can say this: Waxahachie will be there for the 4A competition, and its probably a sure bet that other bands in region 21 such as Poteet, Friendswood, (both 4A) and likely for the 5A class, you might see Berkner, Hebron, maybe Marcus, Plano East perhaps. This is all based on previous entrances in the contest so nothing is for sure, but I believe it might be a good guess.

The Duncanville Invitational isn't on our schedule this year, :).

But it was a lot of fun, and we all wish we could be there.

Good luck to everyone who performs!

As with regards to Duncanville, I know not who else is coming for sure, but I can say this: Waxahachie will be there for the 4A competition, and its probably a sure bet that other bands in region 21 such as Poteet, Friendswood, (both 4A) and likely for the 5A class, you might see Berkner, Hebron, maybe Marcus, Plano East perhaps. This is all based on previous entrances in the contest so nothing is for sure, but I believe it might be a good guess.

Since the BOA Super Regional is on October 29-30 and 5A UIL State is November 2, don't expect many 5A bands.

BOA Super Regional Band List

DMI Website

Edited by ace69044

• 4 weeks later...

Also on an unrelated topic, I would like to hear from you concerning updates on the past band camp, the DM audition, your foretold awesome marching show this year, especially musical selections, and how Mr.Byrd is doing since Watson.

Poteet Doesn't go to DMI anymore!!!!

Wooh!!

Participating bands are in!

Alvin HS, Alvin TX

Birdville HS, North Richland Hills TX

Cleburne HS, Cleburne TX

College Park HS, The Woodlands TX

Coppell HS, Coppell TX

Hays HS, Buda TX

McKinney Boyd HS, McKinney TX

Richland HS, North Richland Hills TX

South Grand Prairie HS, Grand Prairie TX

Waxahachie HS, Waxahachie TX

I'm surprised to see College Park coming all the way from down south. What a drive for an invitational!

No, some more 5A's will go if they miss out on state, and a few 4A's and maybe a few 3A's will join as well

Actually, this is the entire line-up.

Here's directly from the invitational website:

"As of Wednesday October 6, the following bands will be in competition at the 17th Annual Duncanville Marching Invitational.

A schedule will be posted within the coming week."

And it's unlikely that a band who doesn't make state will sign up for prelims after the schedule has been made. Changing times and accomodating for late bands isn't a very wise decision, because you can't just tack on time slots. They have to be pre-assigned for things like warm up, awards, the first finals bands, etc. And plus, they would have to negotiate with the stadium holder on times. It's not like they own the stadium. It belongs to the district.

Actually, this is the entire line-up.

Here's directly from the invitational website:

"As of Wednesday October 6, the following bands will be in competition at the 17th Annual Duncanville Marching Invitational.

A schedule will be posted within the coming week."

And it's unlikely that a band who doesn't make state will sign up for prelims after the schedule has been made. Changing times and accomodating for late bands isn't a very wise decision, because you can't just tack on time slots. They have to be pre-assigned for things like warm up, awards, the first finals bands, etc. And plus, they would have to negotiate with the stadium holder on times. It's not like they own the stadium. It belongs to the district.

You really think they wouldn't allow a Plano East to join if they miss out, or another area school? They have before, my last year at Poteet they allowed for 2 more schools to join late, because they missed state. Not saying that they will allow them, but it is something they look at when the field is small at that contest. But it's a few weeks off, so we will have to see what happens, either way, its not exactly a stacked lineup this year.

No one worry, when the dust settles from the area contest, those who missed out on state, will attend if they are within a reasonable range to the contest.

Ex: Don't expect Pflugerville to show up if they miss state

Ex2: Plano East or Lake Highlands may decide to attend if they miss out

Don't expect Plano East to go at all. They're going to BOA San Antonio. ;)...but you could've just been using that as an example.

Edited by Mellophone77

Don't expect Plano East to go at all. They're going to BOA San Antonio. ;) ...but you could've just been using that as an example.

Was just an example. But for some reason the Richland kid thinks that whats posted is whats set in stone, when they still have bands waiting on area results to see what they do next. by the way I love PESH, they always have a great drumline, and play really good music. Best show IMO was 2002-2003.

Just everyone chill out for a few weeks and wait and see

Does anyone know the line-up for Duncanville invitational? It hasn't been posted on the website.

Please and thank you B)

Hey, be sure to stop by at the Just-A-Note souvie booth at the Duncanville show... The best instrument and guard jewelry!! Also have Hotsticks drum sticks, great music neckties, sterling silver, and now belts and bracelets.....

1:00 - Cleburne

1:15 - South Grand Prairie

1:30 - Waxahachie

1:45 - Birdville

Break

2:15 - McKinney

2:30 - Alvin

2:45 - Hays

Break

3:15 - Coppell

3:30 - The Woodlands: College Park

3:45 - Richland

4:15 - Awards/Drum Major Retreat

All bands will perform in finals. Finals will begin at 7:00 pm.