2009: BOA San Antonio, TX Super Regional

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still like to hear your theory....I couldn't find the podcast...

Thanks!

Haven't had time to really put out a good product. I've been sick and super busy.

Here's the deal:

The only thing you can control is how well your program performs. That's why I emphasize performing to the best of your ability. Many of you will learn that obsessing over things you cannot control will drive you absolutely nuts. Control what you can control and let the chips fall where they may.

A judge may like your performance, but if the judge doesn't agree with how the product is designed, you're in trouble. Also, there is the possibility that a field judge may follow the same person around for an extended period of time and gauge the majority of the program's score off of them. What we saw at the Super Regional might have been a prime example of the latter. Field judges are supposed to obtain a thorough sample of how the students perform on an individual basis. However, we have to understand that judges are human. They may not get around to the Senior who knew all of the show. They may sample the Freshman brass player who is struggling to line up his or her music and movement.

Your program is only as good as your weakest players and marchers. When you step on the field, the class divisions within the program disappear. If a judge can tell the difference between a four-year student and a one-year student, that program can expect to be scored in a low tier. It's possible that several programs at the Super Regional experienced that situation.

Haven't had time to really put out a good product. I've been sick and super busy.

Here's the deal:

The only thing you can control is how well your program performs. That's why I emphasize performing to the best of your ability. Many of you will learn that obsessing over things you cannot control will drive you absolutely nuts. Control what you can control and let the chips fall where they may.

A judge may like your performance, but if the judge doesn't agree with how the product is designed, you're in trouble. Also, there is the possibility that a field judge may follow the same person around for an extended period of time and gauge the majority of the program's score off of them. What we saw at the Super Regional might have been a prime example of the latter. Field judges are supposed to obtain a thorough sample of how the students perform on an individual basis. However, we have to understand that judges are human. They may not get around to the Senior who knew all of the show. They may sample the Freshman brass player who is struggling to line up his or her music and movement.

Your program is only as good as your weakest players and marchers. When you step on the field, the class divisions within the program disappear. If a judge can tell the difference between a four-year student and a one-year student, that program can expect to be scored in a low tier. It's possible that several programs at the Super Regional experienced that situation.

you've just said everything that i wish i could have put into the correct words. i am jealous of your.... wordyness?

Here's the deal:

Thank you for your analysis.

Get well soon, and I look forward to reading about Grand Nationals.

Edited by ramband77