Ok....I'll clear some things up here.

The events of Crockett '93 are NOT just some random joke where people just talk about it vaguely or make up dramatic stories just to mess with people's heads. What transpired back then was a very groundbreaking event, but since it happened so long ago, most current high schoolers weren't even born yet and even most current band directors weren't teaching when it happened and there were no internet sites like this to spread the news (since the world wide web didn't fall into popular use til the mid 90s) so only certain circles of people would know about it, and the video agency that published the recording is now defunct and no copies are currently available except maybe in some random band hall libraries somewhere, so it was sadly forgotten for the most part.

Unfortunately, as most of you have frustratingly realized, no one can be told what happened that fateful day back in the Fall of 1993. You must discover it for yourself. I should warn you though, the event truly is a tragedy. Many who learn what manifested often wish they hadn't since it is indeed quite heartbreaking for those who are fans of the marching arts.

To begin with, visit www.jriada.org/forums . After doing so, you might find yourself a bit confused, but check your address bar and you'll realize nothing weird happened. You weren't redirected....you're in the right place. But what is JRIADA? No....the correct question you should ask is "Who is JRIADA?". Google doesn't yield much of a satisfying answer. Your first inclination may be to guess that "we are them". But we are not JRIADA. We bear their name, but only for reasons which remain our own to know and no one else to find out. JRIADA are an ancient, secret organization of an elite few individuals; devoted fans of the marching arts that served their purpose in another time and are no longer active [but still exist], but one of their purposes was to keep the secret of Crockett 93 since it is an event that shouldn't be talked about so openly.

They did their job well, as you'll find that nowhere on any forum or internet site will you find someone speaking openly about the event's reality. Most who know what happened will only lie and form dramatic stories in order to protect the innocent, and many among the ignorant masses will join in with similar stories, because they simply don't know the truth, only thinking they do. To learn the identity of the JRIADA you must begin a journey through the vast BOA forum archive, where JRIADA once resided, where the event is often discussed by them, much like it is here. It will be a frustrating quest with a bunch of crazy inside jokes (they're a weird bunch) and dead ends, but if you persist, you'll learn who the JRIADA are, and once identified it will be up to you to figure out how you may become worthy to know the secret, if you so desire.

Here I'll start you off. Here's a thread talking about it from back in 2002: http://forums.bands.org/vb/showthread.php?t=15027

Aww don't say that. I went through heck trying to figure it out, e-mailed Dick Floyd (head of UIL), called up the number for the video company that apparently doesn't exist anymore.....lots of dead ends. I eventually found out the truth and you can too, if you're resourceful enough.

Aww don't say that. I went through heck trying to figure it out, e-mailed Dick Floyd (head of UIL), called up the number for the video company that apparently doesn't exist anymore.....lots of dead ends. I eventually found out the truth and you can too, if you're resourceful enough.

Oh my, I remember your research. You were obsessssssed with knowing. HAHA. I think you deserved to find out after all you researched. ;)

The events of Crockett '93 are NOT just some random joke where people just talk about it vaguely or make up dramatic stories just to mess with people's heads. What transpired back then was a very groundbreaking event, but since it happened so long ago, most current high schoolers weren't even born yet and even most current band directors weren't teaching when it happened and there were no internet sites like this to spread the news (since the world wide web didn't fall into popular use til the mid 90s) so only certain circles of people would know about it, and the video agency that published the recording is now defunct and no copies are currently available except maybe in some random band hall libraries somewhere, so it was sadly forgotten for the most part.

Unfortunately, as most of you have frustratingly realized, no one can be told what happened that fateful day back in the Fall of 1993. You must discover it for yourself. I should warn you though, the event truly is a tragedy. Many who learn what manifested often wish they hadn't since it is indeed quite heartbreaking for those who are fans of the marching arts.

To begin with, visit www.jriada.org/forums . After doing so, you might find yourself a bit confused, but check your address bar and you'll realize nothing weird happened. You weren't redirected....you're in the right place. But what is JRIADA? No....the correct question you should ask is "Who is JRIADA?". Google doesn't yield much of a satisfying answer. Your first inclination may be to guess that "we are them". But we are not JRIADA. We bear their name, but only for reasons which remain our own to know and no one else to find out. JRIADA are an ancient, secret organization of an elite few individuals; devoted fans of the marching arts that served their purpose in another time and are no longer active [but still exist], but one of their purposes was to keep the secret of Crockett 93 since it is an event that shouldn't be talked about so openly.

They did their job well, as you'll find that nowhere on any forum or internet site will you find someone speaking openly about the event's reality. Most who know what happened will only lie and form dramatic stories in order to protect the innocent, and many among the ignorant masses will join in with similar stories, because they simply don't know the truth, only thinking they do. To learn the identity of the JRIADA you must begin a journey through the vast BOA forum archive, where JRIADA once resided, where the event is often discussed by them, much like it is here. It will be a frustrating quest with a bunch of crazy inside jokes (they're a weird bunch) and dead ends, but if you persist, you'll learn who the JRIADA are, and once identified it will be up to you to figure out how you may become worthy to know the secret, if you so desire.

Here I'll start you off. Here's a thread talking about it from back in 2002: http://forums.bands.org/vb/showthread.php?t=15027

succesful troll is succesful.

succesful troll is succesful.

Meh. I only speak the truth B)

Oh my, I remember your research. You were obsessssssed with knowing. HAHA. I think you deserved to find out after all you researched.

Yes I was, and the dead ends were never ending. When I called the number for the video company that Dick Floyd's staff gave me, the voice on the other end offered to sell me some rather...uh....adult services -_- .

Meh. I only speak the truth B)

Yes I was, and the dead ends were never ending. When I called the number for the video company that Dick Floyd's staff gave me, the voice on the other end offered to sell me some rather...uh....adult services -_- .

One of these days, someone will decide to make a movie about this entire quest of yours. And it will be hilarious, up to the revelation of what Crockett '93 is, which will be lauded by critics as on par with the end of Memento and the revelation of who Keyser S

One does not simple simply walk into Mordor......

Uhh. Woops. Did I just walk into a LOTR novel? Crap, my whole life I did my best to stay away from those :P