Ug, I work as a tech for Friendswood so I wont go into too much (dont want to be biased and all) but I will say they are having a good year and have yet to lose to any 4A school (including Hendrickson) but there is of course work to be done before state. I cant wait for November 3rd!!! Oh, and I think Area D definantly has a shot for getting all four into finals, as long as they all have good shows that morning. Good luck to all advancing bands!

are you trying to imply that hendrickson is the band that you're worrying about the most? because i think it pretty harsh to not consider the other bands that in my opinion are very much qualified to be able to beat you at state... such as poteet who has won the last two state competitions and last possible chance at honor band, and legacy, a former 5A that is really good. it is being biased saying you think friendswood will beat hendrickson at state (since that's how it came out)... you shouldn't try to speak for the band as the show will do that in itself. i wish you luck, and hopefully this will the band's year.

Edited by eddy725

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you trying to imply that hendrickson is the band that you're worrying about the most? because i think it pretty harsh to not consider the other bands that in my opinion are very much qualified to be able to beat you at state... such as poteet who has won the last three state competitions, and legacy, a former 5A that is really good. it is being biased saying you think friendswood will beat hendrickson at state (since that's how it came out) with you being from connally and all... you shouldn't try to speak for the band as the show will do that in itself. i wish you luck, and hopefully this will the band's year. not yours, you got second.

Slightly over-sensitive. The poster was simply stating a fact and even wished good luck upon all of the programs. As an instructor, he did a good job of keeping things professional.

As a whole, I think the Hendrickson people on this site needs to be wary of how they come across here on the boards. I've praised you guys ever since I joined the site. The program has had some great students over the years and have always behaved cordially both on here and in the stands. Let's keep it that way.

Um I actually never said anything about Friendswood beating anybody at state, it was asked how is Friendswood doing, and I simply said the facts, that we had beaten HHS before (at Lone Star). Do I think that means we will beat y'all again, NO!, does it mean I am not worried about Poteet, NO!, it was simply trying to answer on how we are doing. I agree that there are alot of bands that could very well beat us at state, including any Area D bands, Area B bands, Poteet, Forney... I agree that when it comes to state anything could happen, and I as a staff member do not ever mean to come off as biased (I even put that in the intro to my post). I again wish luck to all State bound bands, and people CHILL OUT! these forums are for fun/ connecting the band community, try to look at both sides of the argument before over-reacting.

Um I actually never said anything about Friendswood beating anybody at state, it was asked how is Friendswood doing, and I simply said the facts, that we had beaten HHS before (at Lone Star). Do I think that means we will beat y'all again, NO!, does it mean I am not worried about Poteet, NO!, it was simply trying to answer on how we are doing. I agree that there are alot of bands that could very well beat us at state, including any Area D bands, Area B bands, Poteet, Forney... I agree that when it comes to state anything could happen, and I as a staff member do not ever mean to come off as biased (I even put that in the intro to my post). I again wish luck to all State bound bands, and people CHILL OUT! these forums are for fun/ connecting the band community, try to look at both sides of the argument before over-reacting.

I am sorry for my disrespect. I know i was only asking about the friendswood band and I reacted on emotions rather than thought. I can only wish the friendswood band the best of luck at state, you are one of my favorites, great brass sounds. Again, I am sorry for acting such a way and I hope this doesn't tarnish the reputation that hendrickson has for being a very professional band. I do not speak for the band anymore, as I am now an alumni. This was definitely a mistake on my part.

Yeah I got to see it. I really like the show design. Its really abstract. And you guys always have a full rich sound. I really enjoyed it. Kudos on making the jump from 4th to 1st aswell.

Thank you. We still have alot of work to do to show that we've earned every step we've made.

I expect amazing things from all the bands showing at state, this year. It is my opinion that it will be a very tough and close competition, and every band will put on an incredible performance. Reguardless of placements, everyone should be proud. :)

As a whole, I think the Hendrickson people on this site needs to be wary of how they come across here on the boards.

Agreed. Hendrickson's a young program and apparently still learning. Sorry for any...um...questionable posts. Please Hawk Band, read your comment before you post it and ask yourself "would Mr. G approve." Let's show the respect and discipline on this board that we do in competition.

As for Friendswood, we saw you at Lonestar Preview and - wow - IMHO you should have been first over Brazoswood. Full sound, crisp marching, beautiful music - it'll be a very good band to place ahead of you at State. We also got to see Dawson there and enjoyed their show as well; glad to see them advancing.

^thank you so much. I really enjoyed your show (though I only saw it from the back gate as you performed the band before us). I love Javelin and you have a fun arrangement of it. I think yall have the potential to do really well at state. With the stiff competition there is this year the medalists are going to be the bands who work their butt off the next 8 days.

Edited by titancoaster

4A - NOVEMBER 3, 2009

1 HAYS 8:30

2 ALICE 8:45

3 WAXAHACHIE 9:00

4 LEGACY 9:15

5 EDCOUCH-ELSA 9:30

6 FRENSHIP 9:45

7 BRENHAM 10:00

8 NEWMAN SMUTH 10:15

BREAK

9 FRIENDSWOOD 10:45

10 KING 11:00

11 DEL VALLE 11:15

12 BOSWELL 11:30

13 LBJ 11:45

14 POTEET 12:00

LUNCH

15 GALENA PARK 1:00

16 WAKELAND 1:15

17 CALALLEN 1:30

18 DRIPPING SPRINGS 1:45

19 WALLER 2:00

20 DAWSON 2:15

BREAK

21 FORNEY 2:45

22 AZLE 3:00

23 ROMA 3:15

24 HENDRICKSON 3:30

25 SOUTHWEST 3:45

26 SAGINAW 4:00

Edited by gbtx1968

1A - NOVEMBER 2, 2009 (AM)

1 THORNDALE 7:45

2 NUECES CANYON 7:59

3 SUNDOWN 8:13

4 KNOX CITY 8:27

5 TIMPSON 8:41

6 CANADIAN 8:55

7 GANADO 9:09

8 SOMERVILLE 9:23

BREAK

9 CARLISLE 9:55

10 THROCKMORTON 10:09

11 ITASCA 10:23

12 FORSAN 10:37

13 TENAHA 10:51

14 FALLS CITY 11:05

15 ARCHER CITY 11:19

16 TOLAR 11:33

2A - NOVEMBER 2, 2009 (PM)

1 CLIFTON 12:45

2 CRANE 12:59

3 TAFT 1:13

4 WHITE OAK 1:27

5 WHITEWRIGHT 1:41

6 INDUSTRIAL 1:55

7 ANAHUAC 2:09

8 HOWE 2:23

9 COLORADO 2:37

BREAK

10 UNION GROVE 3:05

11 AUBREY 3:19

12 BALLINGER 3:33

13 RANDOLPH 3:47

14 LITTLEFIELD 4:01

15 RIO VISTA 4:15

16 QUEEN CITY 4:29

17 HOLLIDAY 4:43

18 JOURDANTON 4:57

what about wakeland i think any band that finished 2nd in honor band to friendswood has to be considered a threat to make state and possibly finals

Wakeland has a really strong show, some of the music is from New World symphony which is completely awesome. But after looking at the Area B results Newman Smith from Carrollton finished far ahead of everyone at Area B competition. What are the chances that they just come in and take state? They have a huge sound

Wakeland has a really strong show, some of the music is from New World symphony which is completely awesome. But after looking at the Area B results Newman Smith from Carrollton finished far ahead of everyone at Area B competition. What are the chances that they just come in and take state? They have a huge sound

i do have to agree that Newman Smith is really good. But not that far off. Wakeland, Legacy, and Newman Smith were fairly close. i cant wait to see how this is gonna turn out in state :)

I looked at the Region 19 website and found Area F results. Could they please be entered into the predictions.

Thanks

Friendswood Advance to State 1 1 1 1 1 15

Dawson Advance to State 2 2 4 2 3 13

Galena Park Advance to State 3 3 2 3 2 13

Vidor 7 5 3 4 7 26

Montgomery 4 7 10 6 5 32

Lumberton 5 9 5 5 8 32

Huntsville 6 4 7 7 11 35

Crosby 8 6 12 10 6 42

Angleton 9 8 6 11 10 44

Little Cypress Mauriceville13 10 9 9 4 45

Port Neches-Groves 10 13 8 12 9 52

Willis 12 11 11 8 12 54

Goose Creek Memorial 11 12 13 13 13 62

Edited by gbtx1968

Alice High School at Area G marching contest. Sound quality is not the best on this recording, but they sounded pretty amazing at Area. Still wondering how they ended up 5th??? It was extremely windy that day/night. If they improve their individual marching then they should do well. Can you imagine they have a non-varsity marching band as well???!!! At least I think they still have the other marching band. Craziness!!!

Alice High School at Area G marching contest. Sound quality is not the best on this recording, but they sounded pretty amazing at Area. Still wondering how they ended up 5th??? It was extremely windy that day/night. If they improve their individual marching then they should do well. Can you imagine they have a non-varsity marching band as well???!!! At least I think they still have the other marching band. Craziness!!!

They put both bands together this year.

=]