2009 Show Announcements

xbones7480

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching a video of Phantom (yes, I know it's a video, and yes, I know it's early), the show just leaves me wanting a lot more. I realize a large amount will ultimately be rewritten, but right now, it's not what I was expecting at all.

Agreed. It's just a normal show with nothing really special. It made me want to listen to Lawrence Central 2005 "Shadows and Light" instead.

And that's hard to say from a die-hard Phantom phan.

Agreed. It's just a normal show with nothing really special. It made me want to listen to Lawrence Central 2005 "Shadows and Light" instead.

And that's hard to say from a die-hard Phantom phan.

I agree too. I love Phantom Regiment. They put out amazing shows. True this is way early still in the season and more will be added and stuff will be changed, but it still feels like they have back pedaled to about 2005 (Rhapsody). I love that show too and I'm sure this show will grow on me as well but it just doesn't yell out "consider me for championship." It would be too much to ask for another incredible show like Spartacus though the year right after.

Less than a week to go till opening weekend! :lol:

I agree too. I love Phantom Regiment. They put out amazing shows. True this is way early still in the season and more will be added and stuff will be changed, but it still feels like they have back pedaled to about 2005 (Rhapsody). I love that show too and I'm sure this show will grow on me as well but it just doesn't yell out "consider me for championship." It would be too much to ask for another incredible show like Spartacus though the year right after.

Less than a week to go till opening weekend! :lol:

I think they'll change enough things between now and, say, Dallas (I hope I hope I hope) that it hits championship-contender status.

Then again, I distinctly recall people on a different forum in the second week of July last year opening up a thread specifically to discuss how out-of-championship-consideration Spartacus was. And we all know how that went down.

I think they'll change enough things between now and, say, Dallas (I hope I hope I hope) that it hits championship-contender status.

Then again, I distinctly recall people on a different forum in the second week of July last year opening up a thread specifically to discuss how out-of-championship-consideration Spartacus was. And we all know how that went down.

Which is why I said it is very early in the season. Lots will change for every show and I'm sure for the best. Drum Corps is just awesome no matter what. ^_^

Blue Stars also have a stand still performance recording from the Indiana State Fair Grounds on youtube if any of you would like to watch that. Should be another great year by them.