2009 High School Shows

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I heard part one today, and saw the score from my friend trying out for drum major (part of our tryouts is to conduct part 1), and it has tons of weird chords and some nice pit features. We are also going to play at least one movement at our spring concert, I'm excited to play one last show music, even though I wont march it.

Edited by rpd

James Bowie HS Outdoor Performing Ensemble

2009 Program

"The Mystic"

Selections from the following:

• Gustav Holst - The Planets - Mvt. VII - Neptune, The Mystic
  • Igor Stravinsky - Symphony in Three Movements - Mvt. I
  • Paul Hindemith - Mathis der Mahler - Mvt. III
  • Gustav Mahler - Symphony No. 3 - Mvt. VI

James Bowie HS Outdoor Performing Ensemble

2009 Program

"The Mystic"

Selections from the following:

• Gustav Holst - The Planets - Mvt. VII - Neptune, The Mystic
  • Igor Stravinsky - Symphony in Three Movements - Mvt. I
  • Paul Hindemith - Mathis der Mahler - Mvt. III
  • Gustav Mahler - Symphony No. 3 - Mvt. VI

I will drool all over my self if this is the case... :D

Edited by dmbalash

Coppell's show next year:

The Music of Lil' Wayne

Part I: Lollopop Requiem

Part II: Let It Rock Overture

Part III: The Dreadlock Song

It's gonna be a real departure from what people normally expect from Coppell! ;)

REALLY?!

I'm gonna feel really stupid if you were joking, lol.

According to Bob Chreste bio page:

"Bob Chreste started his first year as Associate Director at Cedar Park High School in 2006 school year. He is the director of the Concert Band and Cadet Band. Mr. Chreste received his Bachelor's degree in Music Education from the University of Houston and his Masters degree in Conducting from Sam Houston State University. While at Sam Houston, Bob was the graduate teaching assistant for the wind ensemble and the marching band. Aside from being a very talented saxophonist, Mr. Chreste has also become an accomplished euphonium player. He marched with the world champion, Cadets of Bergen County Drum and Bugle Corps, for three years (1996-1998). More recently, he spent a year and a half as a conductor and performer with the Tony and Emmy Award winning musical, Blast! Mr. Chreste has worked with many marching bands across Texas, as well as bands in Indiana and Oklahoma. Mr. Chreste is a member of the Texas Music Educators Association and Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia."

And again at SCV's website it does say, "Bob has been involved with drum corps and marching bands for most of his life, both on and off the field. He was a member of the brass staff of Carolina Crown from 2003-2007."

No mention of him being the head director of Crown but if you have information proving that he was, please let us know. :) Behold, the power of google. ;)