Auditions

TRUMPet

You should march where you want. Don't march at a "lesser" corps to get experience for a "real" corps. Theres nothing more annoying...especially when some of these "lesser" corps have more rich historys and traditions.

Honestly, high school band in the state of Texas is more than enough to get you ready for a Div 1 corps

Truth.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should march where you want. Don't march at a "lesser" corps to get experience for a "real" corps. Theres nothing more annoying...especially when some of these "lesser" corps have more rich historys and traditions.

Honestly, high school band in the state of Texas is more than enough to get you ready for a Div 1 corps

True stuff man. Especially from someone who's marching in a corps for all that history, it's more rewarding to help an organization come back or build up to a force than to join a corps that's already there.

2 more locations have been added to the Crossmen audition schedule for NEW Brass Members ONLY. NOT for VETS.

Corps offers Brass auditions on East Coast / Midwest

On November 15, 2008, the Crossmen will host afternoon auditions for brass at two different sites.

Kansas City Auditions

Oak Park High School

825 NE 79th Terr.

Kansas City, MO 64118

Registration is from 12 PM to 1 PM

Auditions are from 1 PM

Edited by xbones7480

Ouch? The knock here was him assuming the crossmen is a "gimme" corps for him to make

I don't think he was comparing the levels of the corps but rather comparing his ability and how he thinks he could fare. Kind of like applying to college. You apply to some colleges that you might not get in to and you apply to ones you know you can get in to.

Bones will be fielding 15 more horns this year. The addt'l brass auditions and are aiming to bring in older players from the East and Mid-west colleges.

The corps only had 4 or 5 ageouts last year in their hornline, so getting in is going to be tougher this year if you don't have DC experience.

Crossmen mean serious business this year... remember they've been in the top six several times in their history; and they're not playing to lose. It's Texas for God's sake!

Stay tuned for one more big staff announcement from Bones; it rocks!

Bones will be fielding 15 more horns this year. The addt'l brass auditions and are aiming to bring in older players from the East and Mid-west colleges.

The corps only had 4 or 5 ageouts last year in their hornline, so getting in is going to be tougher this year if you don't have DC experience.

Crossmen mean serious business this year... remember they've been in the top six several times in their history; and they're not playing to lose. It's Texas for God's sake!

Stay tuned for one more big staff announcement from Bones; it rocks!

The addition of Wes Cartwright? Yes, it does

http://www.crossmen.org/2009-crossmen-design.html?lnum=83867

11/22/2008

Four: Movements of The Crossmen Symphony

-Mark Chambers

-Wes Cartwright

-Aaron Guidry

-Darryl Pemberton

Having worked together as a Team in various incarnations over the last decade, the afore-mentioned artists have developed a distinct vision, vernacular, and voice, paving the road to their role as creative force behind the 2009 Crossmen production.

Ten years in the making, with their capes on and aussies pulled down low, all four are collectively poised and energized for the challenge.

Mark Chambers is the Director of The Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps, as well as Drum Corps International

Edited by xbones7480

I think the stars are aligning and within the next few years we're going to witness a new age with a Texas based corps at the top of the heap. The 2007 and 2008 Crossmen seasons filled the organization with tons of new Texas rookies and in 2010 and '11 those rookies that started the tradition will make up the seniority. And with a stellar staff like that with those names and credentials, it'll happen.

Most of the hardcore Texas junior corps talent still doesn't see Crossmen as a worthwhile commitment and prefer to venture out to the Midwest for their drum corps experience. However, I believe that once Crossmen enters the finals bubble we'll start to see an influx of more Texas musicians (namely the good ones from Texas's 30-something major music colleges) enter their ranks.....I mean why travel cross country anymore when there's a finalist corps right in your own backyard?

I was a member at the beginning of the Crossmen 75-80. The best part about being with a corps at the beginning was helping and participating in its climb to success. This is the same feeling the 07-08 vets are feeling right now... there's nothing like that feeling.

Yes, you can win, but taking something from nothing and making it succeed is so much more rewarding.

Crossmen have a lot of heart and they aint' messing around this year; this is for real.

Texas is their new home!!!

Edited by xbones7480

• 4 weeks later...

Today was a great day for the Crossmen.

There were two satalite auditions for Brass and a drum clinic.

CROSSMEN NATION!!!!

TEXAS, KANSAS CITY, AND WEST CHESTER PA

Three sites, one mission!!!

Good talent is coming our way!!!

Watch out for the 2009 Crossmen. Yes, they are from TEXAS NOW!!!

AND WE'RE MAKING A STATEMENT!

Edited by xbones7480

I know a flute player wants to try out on tpt. but I'm not sure she's going to be able to do so well. Her boyfriend is teaching her to play and I can't remember which one she wants to try out for, but other than that I don't know anyone.

I know who you're talking about, and troopers is the one she's going for. They have a Belton camp on the 13th of Dec.

Edited by adam12343210

• 4 weeks later...
From my school we have a tenor who made it into the Cavaliers line and a euphonium player (our drum major last year) advance in Phantom's camp. Plus around five of us who march for crossmen.

And im not positive if i will make it into the line, because i got a call back in the last camp so hopefully ill do better at the next camp.

I was a member at the beginning of the Crossmen 75-80. The best part about being with a corps at the beginning was helping and participating in its climb to success. This is the same feeling the 07-08 vets are feeling right now... there's nothing like that feeling.

Yes, you can win, but taking something from nothing and making it succeed is so much more rewarding.

Crossmen have a lot of heart and they aint' messing around this year; this is for real.

Texas is their new home!!!

Well then, if all goes well, I hope that we'll have some good competition with Bones. Looking at the potential Finals race this year, this is gonna be another good year for the semis corps kicking and scratching into Saturday night!