Auditions

TRUMPet

Hey all, I know were still in the swing of H.S/College marching season but Novembers coming up quick and with it auditions.

If you know of and audition dates please post them.

The two I know of are:

Crown: Nov 21-23 in SC (I'll be at this one, is anyone else?)

SCV: Nov 28-30 in California

Normally SCV and many others have texas auditions but i havent heard about any of them does any one have any info

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty crazy when a Texas 5A All-Stater and native Euphonium player is told they didn't make the cut. That's just how selective they are I guess.

I don't know your story, but it could just be a factor of age and experience (you're in your Junior year of HS now right?). You might want to consider getting a year of experience in a less intense finalist corps (Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Madison, etc.) just so you can develop all the fundamental skills needed to fly with a corps at the caliber of the Cavaliers.

I don't know your story, but it could just be a factor of age and experience (you're in your Junior year of HS now right?). You might want to consider getting a year of experience in a less intense finalist corps (Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Madison, etc.) just so you can develop all the fundamental skills needed to fly with a corps at the caliber of the Cavaliers.

You should march where you want. Don't march at a "lesser" corps to get experience for a "real" corps. Theres nothing more annoying...especially when some of these "lesser" corps have more rich historys and traditions.

Honestly, high school band in the state of Texas is more than enough to get you ready for a Div 1 corps