2008 TMEA Honor Band

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So once the winners are announced is someone going to edit the Honor Band programs page and attach the names of the performing bands to their corresponding programs? I'm kinda curious as to what each school did.

I will work on putting in the full official programs of all State Honor Band participants with names today.

Also, I have updated the original post in this thread with the Full placements of all classfications.

A couple of things to note:

- DFW area schools comprised the entirety of the top 7. If it wasn't for the new TMEA Area Alignments, this could never have happened, as the DFW schools would have knocked eachother out earlier on.

- In 2004 Duncanville and Byrd were the first time that a 5A and its 3C feeder both won Honor Band in the same year; they now become not only the 2nd time for this to happen, but the first time for it to happen back-to-back.

- I heard a number of directors talking about how this was the strongest set of honor band participants that they could remember.