2007 UIL State 4A Finals Results

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok so i just got my finals dvd in from state today and im super stoked. i decided to watch the entire competition and score all the bands how i thought it should of gone. This is what i came up with. I did everything based on best out of 100 points so thats what the scores are.

1.Connally-98.3

2.Poteet-98.2

3.Friendswood-97.9

4.Dripping Springs-96.7

5.Hendrickson-96.6

6.Aledo-94.3

7.Dickinson-93.9

8.Vista Ridge-93.0

9.Roma-92.8

10.Sherman-87.2

Congrats to everyone who went. it was an great experience that i will never forget.

Ok so i just got my finals dvd in from state today and im super stoked. i decided to watch the entire competition and score all the bands how i thought it should of gone. This is what i came up with. I did everything based on best out of 100 points so thats what the scores are.

1.Connally-98.3

2.Poteet-98.2

3.Friendswood-97.9

4.Dripping Springs-96.7

5.Hendrickson-96.6

6.Aledo-94.3

7.Dickinson-93.9

8.Vista Ridge-93.0

9.Roma-92.8

10.Sherman-87.2

Congrats to everyone who went. it was an great experience that i will never forget.

and what did you use to judge? what criteria? j/w

i looked at the marching and music and gave each one a score based on 100 points. To simulate the UIL judging i took an average of the two but the Music was 60% of the final score and Marching was 40%. so that average is what you see on my post. also i had an error. Hendrickson was 4th and Dripping Springs 5th.

Good job. Nice to see someone else's opinions.

Since I am done with finals and I beat most of my friends back into town, I watched my state DVD yesterday. I'm not a huge fan of this new video company. The microphone placement is a little awkward and some individual sounds pop out that probably weren't audible live. I ranked as I went along (excluding Poteet for objectivity's sake) and here is my take on finals:

1. Dickinson

2. Friendswood

3. Hendrickson

4. Connally

5. Aledo

6. Roma

7. Vista Ridge

8. Dripping Springs

9. Sherman

Great performances all around!

Edited by Donezo