Best Rising Bands in the State

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna' have to agree with the Legacy one. They are a very young band.. much like us. I'm hoping for great things for them next year at 4a state as well as us in two years for 5a, because we're not losing any substantial numbers and we got alternate this year.

Also, one of my friends that graduated from martin last year told me that they were on a rebuilding year. And if you can make BOA finals on a rebuilding year, then you're doing work. So i'd watch out for them as well.

dont count berkner out TROYKA IS A KNOWN GENIUS!!!!!!!

hes helped the Connally and Hendrickson leadership teams at our leadership retreat and everything that comes out of his mouth is absolutely genius!!!!! every word he says is great

except when he teaches rifle to band members.

not so much dude. the technique has changed hardcore buddy

but troyka is pretty awesome. =]

Yeah Legacy is definitely climbing the ladder fast. Making BOA finals in your second year is nothing to sneeze at. I also think Hebron has just risen to the top level. They had been doing well for a while but have definitely blossomed this year.

Remember though there were quite a few bands missing from that competition. I'm not trying to be a downer, but I think if LD Bell, Richland, and Haltom had been there, it may have been different.

And from what I have heard, Legacy is losing quite a few good seniors this year.

So we will see.

How about Keller? They finished 1st at Area, just above Hanks. They also finished 1st in 06.

Keller has been a big name for awhile now though. In the 90's they won 4A honor band and made state marching finals. Then they were stuck in the hardest 5A area in the state and while they were always a threat to advance, they never placed quite high enough on area day. They've definitely benefited from the move to Area A. It's good to see them consistently advancing to state.

I agree about Hanks. El Paso band used to be all about Coronado, but recently Americas and Bel Air have been thriving and apparently Hanks is as well.