BOA Houston!!!!

Wow, talk about some surprising placements! Hey, that's marchingband for you.

It's pretty cool seeing Lafayette in the mix and placing above Spring and Martin. My sister's boyfriend is from that area. Man, I'd really like to see the recaps to see how Brazoswood won music and didn't make finals. Also, Clear Brook above Reagan? Crazy, crazy, crazy...

It looks like it's going to be a heck of a Super Regionals.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by all tonight. I hope you all enjoyed the TxBLive Text Service!

I'll comment on all the happenings from tonight soon. Right now, I am just exhausted and I need some sleep.

Thank you all so much for supporting the site. It means so much to me. I really do love you guys :)

The Brazoswood situation is something very foreign, almost unprecedented, in the activity. There is no rule stating that a caption win guarantees you a spot in Finals.

We will have to wait for the recaps to accurately judge this situation but unless a penalty kept them out of Finals, I would anticipate a rule change for next year.

I was referring to a rule change that would state that if you win a caption, you are guaranteed a Finals spot, even if BOA has to take one extra band to Finals.

why would they do that? if another band happens to do better in other captions compared to one band doing good in just one, that shouldn't mean anything. Just because they won the caption doesn't mean they automatically get in just like you said, but why whould they change that if they didn't have enough effort in other aspects of their show? i have nothing against Brazoswood, or any band for that matter, but if someone else does better than they deserve it!

why would they do that? if another band happens to do better in other captions compared to one band doing good in just one, that shouldn't mean anything. Just because they won the caption doesn't mean they automatically get in just like you said, but why whould they change that if they didn't have enough effort in other aspects of their show? i have nothing against Brazoswood, or any band for that matter, but if someone else does better than they deserve it!

That's the thing, though...

The only other band I was able to see was Reagan; and honestly, I really wasn't that impressed. They're a good band, but it was a step-down from last year. I don't think anyone's predictions matched that of the judge's scores, scores were all over the place.

After our band got back from the contest, though, we did watch our show.

We were very inconsistent visually. We've definitely got to work on drill and visuals a lot more.

If anything, yesterday's turn of events definitely gives Brazoswood more publicity, which is probably a good thing. Also, who doesn't need a good kick in the rear? I'm sure the level of rehearsal intensity will only be rising from here on out.

That's the thing, though...

The only other band I was able to see was Reagan; and honestly, I really wasn't that impressed. They're a good band, but it was a step-down from last year. I don't think anyone's predictions matched that of the judge's scores, scores were all over the place.

After our band got back from the contest, though, we did watch our show.

We were very inconsistent visually. We've definitely got to work on drill and visuals a lot more.

If anything, yesterday's turn of events definitely gives Brazoswood more publicity, which is probably a good thing. Also, who doesn't need a good kick in the rear? I'm sure the level of rehearsal intensity will only be rising from here on out.

see, it's people like you that make me love band, i like the way some people can take the criticism and turn it into something they can learn from. I'd just like to congratulate you and your band however on receiving that caption! well played!

Lets see. . . I'm one of the assist. Directors at Cypress Falls. . . I would think so.

Well, nothing in your previous posts would suggest that you were a Cy-Falls director, so it was a legitimate question.

Now, to change topics; For those that are waiting, I'm almost done with my review and commentary and should have it posted some time in the next 30 minutes.

woo.

that was one crazy contest.

all the bands that went did quite well

in my opinion.

there was just really stiff competition.

churchhills show design was really interesting and i really liked it.

i also liked reagans show and was pretty surprised by their placement.

i didnt get to see SFAs show, which was kind of a bummer, but

im sure they did well, judging by their placement.

as for my bands placement (7th)

all i can say is that we have some cleaning to do

and our show is only gonna get better.

Full Recaps are now available.

prelims

finals

Brazoswood placements:

MPI: 1st with a 0.9 point margin!

MPE: 6th

MP Total: 1st by 0.3 points and 1.85 points ahead of Harlingen in 10th

VPI: 14th

VPE: 17th