CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON!

Anyways. Wow, I got to see Marcus' and Hebron's shows tonight. I loved them. Both were very very entertaining.

Marcus: This show definitely had last years kind of flavor in terms of carrying out the theme, but in the end, what definitely got to me the most was their sound. I mean like, isjwjfojaewfj, holy crap it was amazing. Usually I don't like sacrificing drill-level, which was still challenging and cleanly executed, for music, but their sound more than made up for it.

Hebron: I will admit that I liked last year's theme and music a lot better, but boy was the drill fun to watch. They were constantly moving at fast tempos and executed them at a pretty high level...and then there's the soulja boi dance. Hahah pretty fun show overall!

Also, I liked Flower Mound's show and concept as well. While it may not be at the level of top-tier 5A bands, it is definitely a fun show to watch. I don't think any HS has pulled off playing Queens as well as them (I don't know many bands that did). I liked the opening set where it was a bike and they started the show by rotating the tire parts of the set. Also, the colorguard design was creatively made. I'd hafta say, that out of all the scary moments a marcher must face by standing next to a colorguad, getting passed by a bike on the field has got to be one of the scariest.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! I had a freakout myself on a different topic, but instead I was comparing the results of 4A to the Area B list David had from a few weeks ago. It turns out Arlington Heights wasn't on the list, and now they are going after us at Area! They must have gotten the last spot because they registered late or something. I'm just glad we have 20 going!

• 2 weeks later...
Lets see...

Mckinney North

McKinney Boyd

Sherman

Lake Dallas

Frisco

Frisco Centennial

The Colony

Little Elm

Brownwood

Aledo

A. Heights

Carter-Riverside

Crowley

Eastern Hills

Everman

Joshua

Stephenville

Western

Birdville

Juan Seguin

20 bands

woo!

go centennial!!! :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing the bands from your area perform at state! :lol:

Well, I am from Sherman, and I hope we make it to the finals.

Here are the bands I think will make it to the finals at 4A State: (no particular order)

Sherman

Poteet

The Colony

Aledo

Birdville (but I thought that they were alternates....)

Like i said, I am from Sherman, so I will have a bias to my band, but I was surprised at Aledo and there performance. Last night at the Frisco Centinial Open Class, Sherman (i am speaking for the band) did not have a good prelims, which may have hurt our finals score. We had a really good finals, but i think that prelims scores combined with finals lead us to 7th last night. Weird how Sherman ALWAYS get's 7th in any other competition than UIL Region, Area and so forth. I was SOOOOOO happy when we got 1st in Area, but that doesn't count anymore. And if people are going to judge Sherman on what happened @ Frisco, think again. I was really suprised at the Colony. Small band, but good sound.

And of course, Shermans rival, Poteet. Fair warning to them, watch out :) (friendly competiton right)! Poteet always has a clean show, but the marching format is always similar every year; triangles, follow the leader horns down thing, flags never toss, there little turn that is in four counts, and the ever famous drum major walk. It may seem as if I am bashing on Poteet, but they are a good band obviously, but they repeat alot of things!

I have nothing really to say about Birdville. I have only seen them once this year so far, and they were good.

I am just excited to be going to the Alamo Dome, so see ya on Tuesday competitors!!!

I just wanted to tell all the bands that made it to state good luck on tuesday. It really means a lot to me that my band made it this year because I think it has finally hit me that this is the end of high school marching for me. Some advice to you all is make tuesdays performance your best or it won't mean nothing at all.

Well, I am from Sherman, and I hope we make it to the finals.

Here are the bands I think will make it to the finals at 4A State: (no particular order)

Sherman

Poteet

The Colony

Aledo

Birdville (but I thought that they were alternates....)

Where did you get Birdville from? LOL.

By the way, at area, did Birdville get 6th? I don't remember if it was them or Joshua maybe.

P.S. I met you last night! Haah.