Area D contest

Quick thoughts to add to the mix.....

Loved the Anderson show.....seemed awfully familiar though.

Reagan is known as a BOA band? NO WAY! Haha. Their marching and music alone was enough to advance.....but get a medal on Super Tuesday? Probably not.

I would love to see the scores from Area.....I wonder who the one judge was that always is out of whack with the others: 1 1 2 16 4 is usually what happens.

WC continues to have a SICK color guard. 2 rifles at once? Are you kidding me???

There were a ton of excellent bands that went home that day and that night and everyone should be proud. That could be one of the finest Area contests I've seen in years.

P.S. Hey CP! That Shoshtakovich show brought some WC 97 memories back, great job and AWESOME sounds!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the back, it looked like that girl was spinning WITH HER LEG.

they should totally do that sometime! :D

Note to Sloan: Spinning rifles with leg........think about it for next week. Also, what about JUGGLING rifles? Or spinning underwater? My personal favorite would be spinning plates on top of the rifles and seeing how many they can spin before they fall.

Hey, it's Churchill, it could happen.

Cedar Park: After last year I was not sure what to expect but they are back into the thick of things. Loud brass who carried the show showed great balance just need to work a little bit on control. The woodwind features were like 9/10ths of the way there just didnt quite line up and were top heavy with flute/clarinet being heard solely but they were not easy. Drill was executed near flawlessly from what I saw which is what UiL is all about (Did I see some moves from 04 in there?)

When u can play those runs then u can comment on them. I heard them and they are amazing. Especially the ones right before the big finally at the end.

im going to add to the whole "great performance everybody" thing.

this is the first contest in a LONG time where i felt that the all the placings and scores given were correct and justified.

my favorite part of the night by far though, was seeing a band (wont name names) that loves to talk noise and be jackasses get owned and then be sad about it.

man i love that "ha ha" feeling.

great job overall though to everyone.

I had a really fun time at the contest, and was really excited to see Akins move on to State!!

Cedar Park: WOW, what a clean sound!! I think that you guys had an amazing balance.

W.C.: Always, an amazing guard(albeit a few dropped rifles/sabers in prelims). Beautiful trumpet solo! Very clean and energetic.

Reagan: i wish i had the chance to see your show! Hopefully, i'll have the chance to see it at state/Boa super. From what i hear, it was very clean.

Yay akins!! i'm so happy!!

Uh I only got to see Churchill and Bowie (which made me sad beyond reason, but alas such is life).

Churchill... No offense but I just wasn't terribly impressed. Gaurd was amazing as usuall. But the music seemed kinda empty. Overall I think yall were very clean, I just don't remember much of it. so I guess its a question of design, which has nothing to do with the band members anyways.

Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone I'm just posting some thoughts. I just didn't get the show, but UIL judges on execution, so what do I know?

Bowie - some pretty powerful music. I have to admit when I heard you were playing "Music of the Night" I got all excited for Phantom of the Opera, and then ya'll only played like 10 measures of it and I almost cried. gaurd was pretty cool though. You guys always have original stuff - like feathers and masks and ... night gowns lol

Once again I wished I could have seen the other bands - especially Reagan, Cedar Park, and Aikins - and a DEFINITE GREAT JOB to all there Area D has got to be the hardest Area second only to maybe B with Bell, Marcus and the H bands (Hebron Halom Heritage, ... ) and whatever Houston Area that has Woodlands, Spring SFA,

Good luck to all at State! B)

im going to add to the whole "great performance everybody" thing.

this is the first contest in a LONG time where i felt that the all the placings and scores given were correct and justified.

my favorite part of the night by far though, was seeing a band (wont name names) that loves to talk noise and be jackasses get owned and then be sad about it.

man i love that "ha ha" feeling.

great job overall though to everyone.

*cough* Round Rock *cough*

Yeah, Mainly the saxs and some of the trumpets.

It's pretty pathetic..our stand conduct pisses me off sometimes.

As in the band that is..

Sorry if you are offended.

And can you beleive that two of the judges put us at 2nd in prelims as well?? I know Bowie had their worst performance at prelims, and most of the good bands were spread out, so I guess it somewhat makes sense.

Mr.Stein feels really bad for y'all. He said y'alls prelims show was really solid, which I have to agree. Then, during finals.. things just turned around. I didn't get to see it..but man, that has to suck.