Favorite Show this season

What is everyone's favorite show this season?

If you're gonna pick you're own you can, BUT you have to give 3 good reasons (and don't turn this into an orgy of self gratification... lol errr this is NOT a hype your band post, its a FAV SHOW post)

With that said...

I haven't seen really any shows this year (I already ranted about this once, so I won't do that again).

I have hear exceprts of the original music for LD Bell (www.theremaining.org)

sounds like COOL MUSIC (so they get my vote)

I also heard a midi of Donna HS (in the Valley) and I like their music too, most of it anyways)

I am DEF looking forward to (as always)

Reagan, Churchill, Westfield, Bell, SFA, Woodlands, and some others

I like our show this year and the music is pretty cool I'm just not sure what to make of it yet - maybe its a little too violent for me to feel attached to it? lol

anywho... discuss/list away! B)

I have to say i loved Richland's show, it was semi messy but with awsome drill and pretty good music i expect to see alot of them this year.

Agree 100%! Their show was amazing... they definitely get my vote. At first when they set the block right next to the inzone, i was like... "What the heck are they doing...?" And as I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to make of it, their very first move just blew me away! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Richland's show this year.

Abilene Wylie is performing "To Tame the Perilous Skies" this year. It's a pretty good show, but I saw it at the beginning of the year, so it was kind of messy. Overall though, it's a good show. I'm hearing wonderful things about Canton and Wills Point. Apparently Canton is performing "The Music of Troy" (the movie I assume). It's supposed to be amazing, their scores from the Mesquite contest prove it too!

Haven't really seen much this year yet to make any opinions...but from reviews, I'm excited to see:

Woodlands

Westfield

Reagan

L.D. Bell

there's some others but I can't think of them off the top of my head...they'll come to me eventually :P unfortunately Spring isn't going to BOA SA this year...so I'm not sure if I will get to see all of the shows. I know I'll see Woodlands and Westfield at Lone Star, at least.

Maybe I can convince my parents to take me to BOA SA B)

This year, the shows that really caught my eyes are L.D. Bell and Haltom.

Blame the part of me that loves the thrill of scary movies and my connection to Yin/Yang balance through tai chi with my mom. :)

Marcus is high up there, too. I feel if I watch it too many times between now and San Antonio I'm going to get sick of it, though. Even with new things added in.

Connally: that voice over thing is awesome its like stuff you can relate too and the show it self is just plain awesome

Bowie: Ya i actually dont know what to say... i was just amazed

Westlake: I love your show so much. the trombone solo is friggen awesome and i like that visual stuff yall do during the flute solo its just all around a good show. entertaining music and awesome drill/visuals

these bands are simply m-azing

Does anyone want to EXPOUND on the shows they saw?

Lol this is supposed to be a discussion, not just a "my fav is"

I heard snippets of Westlake live, and saw probably 2/3 of Bowie (on a tape)

Bowie is doing something like "Music of the Night" music by John Adams, Night on Bald Mountain, Phantom of the Opera (duh lol - but good music)

[edit] PS: The first time I saw their Guard Unis they looked like French Maids, and were somewhat skanky in my opinion lol, but then I saw the end of their show and they different stuff on (or I'm just crazy) and they had masks and purple (maybe?) feather plume things. I am a BIG sucker for Gaurds with plumes (aka Reagan 03 :wub: ) [edit]

People have mentioned Westfield and SFA and Reagan, and Haltom. What are they PLAYING?

Oh and someone mentioned Westwood (I also like their show) its Matrix Music(as in the movies), they have this really cool circular horn move in the begginning ish, that seriously gave me goose bumps - it makes an echo/undulating effect. Cool music, and cool drill.

But yeah, if you guys post a "fav show" please include what they are playing and why you like it

woot

QUOTE (I<3thebox @ Oct 16 2006, 03:52 PM)
People have mentioned Westfield and SFA and Reagan, and Haltom.  What are they PLAYING?

Ronald Reagan HS

"Transitions"

including

Danse Macabre (Camille Saint-Saens)

Giannini Symphony (Vittorio Giannini)

O Magnum Mysterium (Morton Lauridsen)

and original music by Aaron Guidry

Stephen F. Austin HS

"The Fire Within"

including

Piano Concerto No. 2 (Dmitri Shostakovich)

Transfigured Night (Arnold Schoenberg)

Symphony No. 10 (Shostakovich)

Westfield HS

"The Heart of Solitude"

including

Piano Concerto No. 2 (Sergei Rachmaninoff)

Piano Concerto No. 1 (Keith Emerson)