Composer of the Week Game

Amusicman

Ok guys in order to give us something to do while we twiddle away the hours untill summer, when the DCI competitions start, I thought this might be fun.

So this is how the game is played. Every Wed. I will post my COTW article in the TxBPress section of the site. On Thur., the next day, I will post 3 questions about facts from that specific composers life covered in the article. You will have untill 5:00 P.M. on Sat. to PM or E-mail, me your answers. At that time I will randomly choose 1-2 people who got the correct answers.

These 1-2 people each week will then win any 1 CD they choose with works from that specific composer. They can pick from any of the works that that composer has written.

So if you like the COTW articles and want to win some FREE CDs then make sure to look every WED. for the article, then every Thur. for the 3 questions to answer!

Also if you have any specific composers you want to learn more about just let me know and I am sure I can include them, and give them a article!

I am posting this here now, just this first time but from know on I will only post about the Composer of the Week Articles and games in the TxBPress: Official TxBands Press Outlet section of the forums.

The Fourth Composer of the Week is Bela Bartok.

Click Here to read it, and let me know what you think.

Also remember that tomorrow, Thurs. March 2, is when I will post the 3 questions you will need to answer in order to be in the drawing to win a free CD of your choice containing the music of Bela Bartok!

Ok so here are the 3 questions to answer to be in the drawing for a free CD of your choice with the music of Bela Bartok.

1. What are the names of the 2 ballets that Bartok wrote?

2. Which of Bartok's works was commissioned by the Koussevitzky Music Foundation?

3. What work was Bartok writing when he died that was designed to provide his widow with an income after his death?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so you can answer these questions by either Private Messaging me or by emailing me at Amusicman46@aol.com.

So get your answer's in by 5:00 P.M. on Saturday March 4, to be in the running for the free CD. The winner will be announced on Saturday at 6:00.

Ok so here are the 3 questions to answer to be in the drawing for a free CD of your choice with the music of Franz Liszt.

1. Lizst was known for making a piano sound like what?

2. What new term and form did Liszt invent for orchestral compositions?

3. Which 3 composers had the premires of some of their finest operas conducted by Liszt?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so you can answer these questions by either Private Messaging me or by emailing me at Amusicman46@aol.com.

So get your answer's in by 5:00 P.M. on Saturday March 11, to be in the running for the free CD. The winner will be announced on Saturday at 6:00.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Composer of the Week - Franz Schubert

Click Here to read it, and let me know what you think.

Also remember that tomorrow, Thurs. April 6, is when I will post the 3 questions you will need to answer in order to be in the drawing to win a free CD of your choice containing the music of Franz Schubert !

And be sure to scroll down on the forum page to the TxBPress: Official TxBands Press Outlet topic to where you can find all the updates on the COTW game for the current week!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so here are the 3 questions to answer to be in the drawing for a free CD of your choice with the music of Hector Berlioz .

1. What career did Berlioz abandon to start studing music?

2. Which writer was a powerful influence on Berlioz?

3. Berlioz left perhaps his most indelible mark as a what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So get your answer's in by 5:00 P.M. on Saturday April 22, to be in the running for the free CD. The winner will be announced on Saturday at 6:00.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for my absence in the last week, but because of a recent sad issue in my family, I am going to offically discontinue my Composer and Piece of the week articles untill mid-June. Becuase I would not be able to devout the time I want and need o to these articles for the next serval weeks I made this decision.

Starting in mid-June though the Articles will be back to being postest every week and the Composer of the Week game will be back in full swing!