The Danpodcast - UIL Summer UPDATE

Curious - did bands typically have any kind of rehearsals in June/early July on non-covid years? Or will bands just be using this to make up for lost time in May? 

Back in my day, I felt the only things that happened before late July were leadership camps. 

Will be interested to hear from those involved in programs what band directors choose to do with this news over the next month. 

2 hours ago, LHSax said:

Curious - did bands typically have any kind of rehearsals in June/early July on non-covid years? Or will bands just be using this to make up for lost time in May? 

Back in my day, I felt the only things that happened before late July were leadership camps. 

Will be interested to hear from those involved in programs what band directors choose to do with this news over the next month. 

our program would usually do a 3 day camp right after school lets out - and conditioning programs through the summer - that has all be handed back to the students to self manage until late July.