8 hours ago, principalagent said:

I heard from a good source that a parent said the district was done but the same source told me later that students hadn’t heard anything. It looks like I may have jumped the gun on this one (my apologies) but the writing is very much on the wall for them and any other district on that side of the DFW airport. 

I also heard the info on Texas Discord. Apparently, the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD info is just a speculation from a parent? No clue about what's going on over there.

2 hours ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Using my very limited "inside information" (if you can call it that), I'm fairly certain that there will be more D/FW bands that cancel in the coming days. That seems obvious at first, but the unofficial word is that the bands that didn't announce yesterday are waiting to hear what happens to football season because football is, unsurprisingly, also in jeopardy. So while it's great that Haltom already has a plan for what they'll do for halftime, I get the feeling that there's a very good chance that we won't see that either. I'm not sure if these bands know something about football that we don't, but I can't blame them for not making a plan when things change daily.

Personally, I don't even think we'll get football this fall since every day there are schools that move to online only for some or all of the semester. I vote spring season.

HEBISD (L.D. Bell and Trinity HS) just released a bunch of info regarding the 2020-21 year. It seems like they're confident about still having extra-curricular stuff for the year. Information is very vague but we know that the Bell football team, cheerleading, and drill team stuff are still happening. No new information about the Bell band yet.

James Martin has pulled out of all BOA competitions (Midland and Waco) but will attempt to do small, regional contests (Tournament of Champions in Mansfield) if they still happen.

Cedar Park will be placing "From The Roots" on the shelf for next marching season, and will be designing a new competitive marching show that follows health guidelines, if we end up having a competitive marching season.

I know that there have been many comments here about moving to a later season or even shifting to a spring season VS fall. I wonder how many of these programs will remain out if the later season comes into play. with no fees coming in it may be hard to throw together a program if you are relying on a 3rd party group to arrange music and write drill. especially since suspending the competitive season and only doing football (if it happens) means that there are no band fees coming in to fund those projects.

we thought that 2020 has been weird - 2021 may be even stranger if we are in the dome for BOASA over Easter VS Halloween.

33 minutes ago, principalagent said:

It seems BOA is likely done. The news is already leaking quite heavily.

Lol, not saying there's anything wrong with this, but you've certainly assisted in turning the leak into a flood. 

Seems like UIL might be the last hold out after all (I'll give it till tomorrow). 

57 minutes ago, principalagent said:

It seems BOA is likely done. The news is already leaking quite heavily.

maybe Gnats - but I think they still have a plan to do something later in the season for regional s  or even a spring season - time will tell

29 minutes ago, banddad84 said:

maybe Gnats - but I think they still have a plan to do something later in the season for regional s  or even a spring season - time will tell

At least for the fall, it’s a wrap for any in person events.

I'm currently a senior at James Martin, and last year was our breakout year. The momentum was continuing, and so it's heartbreaking to know that I may not get to march. (So far, we're still doing regional contests, but that could change in a heartbeat)

19 minutes ago, Altosaxy said:

I'm currently a senior at James Martin, and last year was our breakout year. The momentum was continuing, and so it's heartbreaking to know that I may not get to march. (So far, we're still doing regional contests, but that could change in a heartbeat)

So far Plano is still marching, my son starts in leadership camp next week.  I would be happy with Regional competitions.  So sorry to have this your Senior year🙁

1 minute ago, PSHSMom said:

So far Plano is still marching, my son starts in leadership camp next week.  I would be happy with Regional competitions.  So sorry to have this your Senior year🙁

That's a beacon of hope, to see another band not cancel just yet. I'd be happy with any competitions, and I hope your son gets to march as well! Our leadership camp is virtual, but band camp isn't.

28 minutes ago, Altosaxy said:

I feel you man, I'm a senior at Carroll and I was thinking the same thing. Coming off our first BOA finals ever, there was so much I thought we could do this year. We had an awesome show planned but now we're not competing and we'll only get football games (if we're lucky). It's just devastating to see my band at the best it's ever been only to have it taken away for things I can't control.

9 minutes ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

I feel you man, I'm a senior at Carroll and I was thinking the same thing. Coming off our first BOA finals ever, there was so much I thought we could do this year. We had an awesome show planned but now we're not competing and we'll only get football games (if we're lucky). It's just devastating to see my band at the best it's ever been only to have it taken away for things I can't control.

Y’all are the band I’m most upset for! Your show last year was one of my absolute favorites (and if you have a late season video, message me). It was clear that this year was going to be promising for you for BOA and UIL. 

1 hour ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

You guys stole the show at St Louis. Well done!

saw this a page or so back and not sure if anyone replied,

having spoken to some friends in LISD N., they're still having a season as far as they know (percussion camps/guard camps currently) although it seems like things are going to change really fast. 

as a senior this year, very sad

16 hours ago, principalagent said:

Y’all are the band I’m most upset for! Your show last year was one of my absolute favorites (and if you have a late season video, message me). It was clear that this year was going to be promising for you for BOA and UIL. 

15 hours ago, Cityscapes said:

You guys stole the show at St Louis. Well done!

Thanks for the support! If I do my job right you can expect another great year in 2021.