40 minutes ago, LHSax said:

Interesting that Dallas area schools are first to drop...Thought it would be Houston considering how bad things are going down here. 

I think H-town will follow suit soon. Next time!

23 minutes ago, principalagent said:

Birdville (so no Haltom trip to Indy), Northwest, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw, and Grapevine-Colleyville are all out.

Where did you read about Birdville?  I've seen Keller ISD and a few others but not BISD.

17 minutes ago, Band_dad_of_2 said:

Where did you read about Birdville?  I've seen Keller ISD and a few others but not BISD.

It was mentioned in Eagle-Mountain’s statement that this was a combined effort. I assume their official statement comes sometime today.

4 minutes ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Apparently Lewisville ISD has made the same call. I only heard from a friend but not surprised if it's true.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised either.  I expect this will be common over the next few days.

Sad.

7 minutes ago, XCTFG Mom said:

What I find interesting is how the DFW schools are leading the way with this. 

From what I heard from the Conroe ISD superintendent a couple of months ago, the superintendents within geographic areas gather and make collective decisions (for major issues like the COVID-19 virus).  The DFW superintendents probably all met collectively and agreed to distribute statements to their constituents on/no-earlier-than July 13.  My guess is we will continue to hear announcements in geographic groups within the rest of this week.

16 minutes ago, TWHSPercDad said:

From what I heard from the Conroe ISD superintendent a couple of months ago, the superintendents within geographic areas gather and make collective decisions (for major issues like the COVID-19 virus).  The DFW superintendents probably all met collectively and agreed to distribute statements to their constituents on/no-earlier-than July 13.  My guess is we will continue to hear announcements in geographic groups within the rest of this week.

This is true, and unfortunately this just caused me to realize that while our district hasn't said anything today, we are surrounded by districts that have cancelled and there's a school board meeting tonight. Our director's also cancelled our leadership meeting we had planned for this evening. I do not think today is going to end well.

11 minutes ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

This is true, and unfortunately this just caused me to realize that while our district hasn't said anything today, we are surrounded by districts that have cancelled and there's a school board meeting tonight. Our director's also cancelled our leadership meeting we had planned for this evening. I do not think today is going to end well.

Where are you?

2 hours ago, principalagent said:

Birdville (so no Haltom trip to Indy), Northwest, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw, and Grapevine-Colleyville are all out.

Where did you find the info about Grapevine-Colleyville ISD?

16 hours ago, chesteriop said:

Where did you find the info about Grapevine-Colleyville ISD?

I heard from a good source that a parent said the district was done but the same source told me later that students hadn’t heard anything. It looks like I may have jumped the gun on this one (my apologies) but the writing is very much on the wall for them and any other district on that side of the DFW airport. 

Richardson ISD as well. 

Conroe ISD made no determination yet, but my gut is Dr Horton follows with the other FA directors from Region 9.  

I still want to know what UIL football is going to look like. That will dictate much of the fall semester. 

165BD414-3E13-4E27-9FDD-42FB060E57C8.jpeg

51 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Fort Bend ISD with SFA, Clements, Ridge Point among others, announced that the first 3 weeks of school will be online including extracurriculars. 

That’s about as official as it gets in my mind. I’m not sure how you can have a competitive season while missing three crucial weeks. 

Haltom has confirmed this is true. They will be doing a college style marching show this year with music by queen and will be saving the competitive show for 2020 for next year . And will be attending grand nats next year instead.

Using my very limited "inside information" (if you can call it that), I'm fairly certain that there will be more D/FW bands that cancel in the coming days. That seems obvious at first, but the unofficial word is that the bands that didn't announce yesterday are waiting to hear what happens to football season because football is, unsurprisingly, also in jeopardy. So while it's great that Haltom already has a plan for what they'll do for halftime, I get the feeling that there's a very good chance that we won't see that either. I'm not sure if these bands know something about football that we don't, but I can't blame them for not making a plan when things change daily.

Personally, I don't even think we'll get football this fall since every day there are schools that move to online only for some or all of the semester. I vote spring season.