The RRISD survey was the same.  Choose between going to school all the time or remote learning all the time.  The child opted for being in school. The survey was meant for parents, but it's her experience that matters. I gladly said, "She needs to be in school."

Our district just updated their plan based on the TEA guidelines and it's essentially the same as what's already been posted here, but one thing I noticed is that "TEA announced that the UIL will provide further guidance on July 8" regarding extracurriculars, so we may know the fate of the marching season in the next 24 hours.

Honestly, two weeks ago I thought everything was going to get completely cancelled, but now I'm not so sure.

3 hours ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Our district just updated their plan based on the TEA guidelines and it's essentially the same as what's already been posted here, but one thing I noticed is that "TEA announced that the UIL will provide further guidance on July 8" regarding extracurriculars, so we may know the fate of the marching season in the next 24 hours.

Honestly, two weeks ago I thought everything was going to get completely cancelled, but now I'm not so sure.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

We just received notification from our band director at Plano that band camp will start as scheduled.  There are guidelines that are given plus more to follow.  I am hopefully optimistic there might be a season.  

4 hours ago, LHSax said:

I don't know why these updates that appear to be pretty "full steam ahead" somehow make me less optimistic? Consider me a skeptic. 

Because they don’t say anything. 

expect more guidance from UIL for beyond August coming on Friday 

From the TxBands.com Facebook page:

• UIL has extended eligibility to those who choose to do remote learning this Fall.
  • UIL has extended the amount of fundamental practice time allowed before August 1st.

To me it really feels like they're still planning on having a season in some capacity, for better or for worse.

4 hours ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

From the TxBands.com Facebook page:

• UIL has extended eligibility to those who choose to do remote learning this Fall.
  • UIL has extended the amount of fundamental practice time allowed before August 1st.

To me it really feels like they're still planning on having a season in some capacity, for better or for worse.

I saw that. I mean, cool a season is in the works, but is that really whats best?

As a person who is usually almost blindly optimistic... I am not very optimistic.

2 hours ago, Cityscapes said:

I saw that. I mean, cool a season is in the works, but is that really whats best?

As a person who is usually almost blindly optimistic... I am not very optimistic.

Don’t worry, UIL is blindly optimistic for you 😅

Word just went out to band families in the Richardson Independent School District from the district director of Fine Arts stating the following:   

"After meeting with Richardson ISD’s high school band directors, and with the safety of our students as our greatest concern, we have made the difficult decision that our students will not participate in a competitive marching band season this fall, due to concerns of the substantial and growing community spread of COVID-19 in Dallas County and also the uncertainty associated with how or if marching competitions will be held as we progress through the unknowns of the fall."