Sketchbook, Ep. 16, Part 1: Dr. Brad Kent (State Director of Music for UIL)

Greetings all!

For those that don't know, I started a podcast last year called Sketchbook. It's described as "A discussion about inspiration and process, with artists, creators, and designers." I have had band directors, designers, audio engineers, and others on the podcast up till this point. But I wanted to let everyone know that Dr. Brad Kent came on the podcast and Part 1 of his episode released today!

Ep. 16, Part 1: Dr. Brad Kent

As is custom on the podcast, the first third is a personal profile. We talk about food, sports, life, etc. and we discuss Dr. Kent's education and teaching experience. And we dive into his role as State Director of Music at the UIL.

Then we really dig into Concert & Sight-Reading and the Prescribed Music List! Dr. Kent was very forthcoming with all the questions and he shed lots of light on the process, committees, and how changes are made.

If you haven't listened to the podcast before, I assure you that Dr. Kent's episodes are not to be missed! Next week Part 2 releases which focuses entirely on marching band. This is a great warm-up for his presentation at TMEA on the new State Marching Band Contest sheets.

Sketchbook Podcast can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify, and wherever you download your podcasts.

Thanks and happy listening!