2020 Band Productions

1 hour ago, LHSax said:

Quite the tease by VR...They have all eyes on them, and they're milking it, as they should. Sounds like we won't have to wait too long though.

A lot of exciting shows on here already, been quiet to respond though since I'm of the pessimistic camp who unfortunately believes we won't have a marching season this fall. This is especially sad since I'm moving back to the great state of Texas this weekend, so I'd finally be able to see some live marching band after 5 years away...Fingers crossed though!

Welcome home!!!  

Hopefully there will be SOME sort of season, even if it’s not what we’re used to, but I’m afraid you could be right. 

2 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

Welcome home!!!  

Hopefully there will be SOME sort of season, even if it’s not what we’re used to, but I’m afraid you could be right. 

Quite honestly, I do think there will be a season, but it will certainly look different. Given how much we have learned about the virus, who it affects, among other things by now, imagine how much more we will know by August/September. I could very well be wrong, but I fall more into the optimistic side of things. It is also my last chance to be a marching tech before I enter the actual adult teaching world, so yeah... I hope a season happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Southlake Carroll's 2020 show: "Mystify" We're currently planning on attending:

• Mansfield Preview of Champions, Sept. 26th
  • Plano East Marching Invitational, Oct. 3rd
  • BOA D/FW, Oct. 10th
  • UIL Region 31, Oct. 13th (Tuesday)
  • BOA Waco, Oct. 17th
  • UIL 6A Area B, Oct. 24th

We had planned to return to the St. Louis Super Regional, but sadly we've had to limit travel this fall due to the whole pandemic thing. That said, we're still optimistic and planning for a season even if it looks different from what we're used to.

38 minutes ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Southlake Carroll's 2020 show: "Mystify" We're currently planning on attending:

• Mansfield Preview of Champions, Sept. 26th
  • Plano East Marching Invitational, Oct. 3rd
  • BOA D/FW, Oct. 10th
  • UIL Region 31, Oct. 13th (Tuesday)
  • BOA Waco, Oct. 17th
  • UIL 6A Area B, Oct. 24th

We had planned to return to the St. Louis Super Regional, but sadly we've had to limit travel this fall due to the whole pandemic thing. That said, we're still optimistic and planning for a season even if it looks different from what we're used to.

I love the optimism! Hope I can see yall again this year! 

I would like to present the show for the 2020 Madison High School Band:

"Dusk to Dawn"

Featuring the following:

A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics - James Horner

A Child's Garden of Dreams - David Maslanka

Rest - Frank Ticheli

Dream on - Aerosmith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-LuEq9wTE8&t=28s

I hope you enjoy! I personally am really excited to see this from the stands. I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing show to watch and I wish I could be there to perform it. I can't believe that I am not going to be out there for the first time in four years. Now that this is the first full show that our new director has had the chance to design for us I know that this band is going to go great places this season - assuming that we even have one. Go Mavs!

Lol that was a funny one, but I didn’t fall for it. Vista Ridge’s announcements are designed much, much better (no offense) and their music selections a are specifically listed and not all over the place with some artists, some specific songs, and some general soundtracks. Sorry, if it were more sophisticated I maybe would have fallen for it lol. Good try, though, as it gave me a good laugh. 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:14 AM, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I would like to present the show for the 2020 Madison High School Band:

"Dusk to Dawn"

Featuring the following:

A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics - James Horner

A Child's Garden of Dreams - David Maslanka

Rest - Frank Ticheli

Dream on - Aerosmith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-LuEq9wTE8&t=28s

I hope you enjoy! I personally am really excited to see this from the stands. I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing show to watch and I wish I could be there to perform it. I can't believe that I am not going to be out there for the first time in four years. Now that this is the first full show that our new director has had the chance to design for us I know that this band is going to go great places this season - assuming that we even have one. Go Mavs!

Especially excited for Dream On.  I think it will be killer 

I heard through the grapevine that The Woodlands is continuing down a similar path this year as they did last year. Maybe this means another musical based show? They're reusing the metal frames from last years New York New York props. Kids have gotten music, some of which is from musicals, we'll see if all of it is that way.

7 hours ago, bigbandfan9 said:

I heard through the grapevine that The Woodlands is continuing down a similar path this year as they did last year. Maybe this means another musical based show? They're reusing the metal frames from last years New York New York props. Kids have gotten music, some of which is from musicals, we'll see if all of it is that way.

Thats awesome. Last years show was fantastic!

22 minutes ago, PSHSMom said:

Plano Senior High School Band Show: The Swan

Featured Music:

Swan Lake - Tchaikovsky 

Arrival of the Birds - Cinematic Orchestra

The Swan - Saint-Saens

-------------

Loving the musical selections for this, just hope we get the shows in this year.  It will be my last year as a band parent (high school anyway!)  

Yesssss!!!!! I love Arrival of the Birds!!!!! I like this show already!!!