2020 Band Productions

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, VeeJeyTee said:

The coppell show reveal. Seems like the Mandarins prop is gonna be rotating between bands every year. 

Ha...rotate. I like this show theme though. The idea of a show centered around a carousel at the turn of the 20th century is pretty cool. I bet it will be quite good!

Anderson 2020-Transfiguration
All I know is that it's about from going from black and white to color.

Mishima Opening-Phillip Glass
The Canyon-Phillip Glass (We played this piece in 2010, 10 year anniversary of playing it I guess)
Everdream-Epic Soul Factory
True Colors-Cyndi Lauper
Persistence-Richard Saucedo

Our show was announced in mid February, however I just remembered to post it here. Our show is entitled Empire State of Mind, and will have a distinctly New York theme. Our music includes Selections from Motherless Brooklyn, Traffic Jammin, Empire State of Mind (pt. 2) by Alicia Keys, and New York, New York (On the Town) by Leonard Bernstein. We're going to have a rather large bridge, based off of the Brooklyn Bridge, ranging from the 35 yard line to the 35 yard line, with potentially up to 30 feet as a maximum height on the towers. After our last year of some great up-and-coming success, we're looking forward to this year as a state year! 

5 hours ago, ClarkBandGang said:

Our show was announced in mid February, however I just remembered to post it here. Our show is entitled Empire State of Mind, and will have a distinctly New York theme. Our music includes Selections from Motherless Brooklyn, Traffic Jammin, Empire State of Mind (pt. 2) by Alicia Keys, and New York, New York (On the Town) by Leonard Bernstein. We're going to have a rather large bridge, based off of the Brooklyn Bridge, ranging from the 35 yard line to the 35 yard line, with potentially up to 30 feet as a maximum height on the towers. After our last year of some great up-and-coming success, we're looking forward to this year as a state year! 

That reminds me of Cedar Ridge 2017! I had a blast marching that show and I bet the kids in this program are gonna have a great time too! New York is a great concept with a lot of fun stuff to work with. 

I would like to announce Lumberton's 2020 Show. 

It is entitled:  On The Shoulders of GIANTS

Featuring: -Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber

-Symphony No.1 "Titan" & Symphony No.5 by Gustav Mahler

-Yesterday by the Beatles

-You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

-Simple Gifts by Joseph Brackett Jr./Aaron Copland

I have a feeling this is the year Lumberton will truly shine. Last state year we barely missed finals and sadly on April 1st of this year, my former head director lost his wife to cancer. I think Lumberton will overcome this tragedy and the fact that Lumberton almost made finals last go around and really show everyone that they are supposed to be in State finals (or I really hope so). 

On 4/8/2020 at 5:00 PM, LeanderMomma said:

JB Alexander has an exciting sounding show as well.  “We Shall Overcome”

If this season happens, I’m going to every contest I possibly can!

https://youtu.be/CeDucpBJL0g

conceptually J.B. Alexander has been one of my favorites over the last 3 years. I am excited to see what they bring this year.