2020 Texas Bands Schedule

6 hours ago, abtwitch said:

I've added BOA Conroe to the list despite there being no confirmed bands as of yet. For those who don't know, here's the TL;DR:

On College Park's band calendar, they have the following contests listed:604850110_ScreenShot2020-05-27at12_17_53AM.thumb.png.9f776885b1993772015fd6df3dedb2b4.png

This appears to be MFA's response to BOA Houston always getting far over capacity. They've had a few ideas (such as Friday performances, simultaneous venues, etc.), but they seem to have chose the consecutive weekends contest route. While MFA has not officially announced it, I have confirmation from a student at College Park that this will be it's own BOA contest the same day as BOA Austin. 

While there are no confirmed participants, here are a few bands that will more than likely not switch from Katy due to contest scheduling: The Woodlands, College Park, Westwood, Westlake, Clear Brook, Clear Creek, Dawson, Friendswood, Pearland, and Porter.

College park won’t switch since it’s their homecoming dance that night- and on their schedule they specifically state there will be no performance.   

The Woodlands have a football game that day, so I can’t see them switching- they already will be missing a game for BOA San Antonio- I cant see them missing two games.  

Oakridge may switch, The Klein schools are pretty much halfway between the two sites- so it probably depends on football schedules for them.  

Edited by Bandmomx4
*** I really shouldn’t post in the middle of the night... just re-read and saw you stated those bands would most likely NOT switch... ??‍♀️

20 hours ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Waco just got a lot more exciting! Maybe I'll finally get to see Leander live...

Interesting (but not surprising) to see them forgo 5A Area. I know some districts/schools would never let their bands miss a UIL event.

I’m not sure we’re forgoing anything just yet. And we should only be going to Region anyway since it’s no longer a state year for Leander (5A class now).

Leander’s calendar interestingly shows a “Potential UIL” event for Tuesday, October 13th so perhaps Region 32 has been moved to a weekday event this year. 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:07 AM, Cityscapes said:

They are the favorite for sure, but it will be a more interesting race for 1st than we see at regionals like Midland and McAllen when CTJ attends. There are 2-3 bands I could see potentially pulling a major upset if the stars align.

There are definitely several bands who could win at Waco. Here’s the current list of attendees based on their school calendars:

Aledo H.S., TX
Birdville H.S., TX
Burleson H.S., TX
Burleson Centennial H.S., TX
Carroll H.S., TX
Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
Colleyville Heritage H.S., TX
Conroe H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
James Bowie H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Johnson H.S., TX
Lakeview Centennial H.S., TX
Lamar H.S., TX
Leander H.S., TX
Magnolia H.S., TX
McCallum H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX
Owasso H.S., OK
Round Rock H.S., TX
Seven Lakes H.S., TX
Stephen F. Austin H.S., TX
W. Charles Akins H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

Weiss H.S., TX

4 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

There are definitely several bands who could win at Waco. Here’s the current list of attendees based on their school calendars:

Aledo H.S., TX
Birdville H.S., TX
Burleson H.S., TX
Carroll H.S., TX
Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
Conroe H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
James Bowie H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Johnson H.S., TX
Lamar H.S., TX
Leander H.S., TX
Magnolia H.S., TX
McCallum H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX
Owasso H.S., OK
Round Rock H.S., TX
Seven Lakes H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

Stacked ?

4 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m not sure we’re forgoing anything just yet. And we should only be going to Region anyway since it’s no longer a state year for Leander (5A class now).

Leander’s calendar interestingly shows a “Potential UIL” event for Tuesday, October 13th so perhaps Region 32 has been moved to a weekday event this year. 

I thought that this was the year the "Area every year" went into effect, and according to the UIL website the recommended date for 5A Area this year is October 31st, which conflicts with BOA San Antonio. To me that would mean if Leander went to SA then they wouldn't go to the Area contest. Sorry if I made it seem like I was referring to a conflict with Waco; we've always had Region on a Tuesday (I think it's great because it frees up a weekend for another contest).

5 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

Aledo H.S., TX
Birdville H.S., TX
Burleson H.S., TX
Carroll H.S., TX
Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
Conroe H.S., TX
Creekview H.S., TX
James Bowie H.S., TX
James Martin H.S., TX
Johnson H.S., TX
Lamar H.S., TX
Leander H.S., TX
Magnolia H.S., TX
McCallum H.S., TX
North Mesquite H.S., TX
Owasso H.S., OK
Round Rock H.S., TX
Seven Lakes H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

That’ll be one to watch. Quite a few bands with the potential to upset

9 minutes ago, SpartanMarcher said:

That’ll be one to watch. Quite a few bands with the potential to upset

Lot of cool stories could unfold here:

SFA: Could potentially medal for the first time since 2010 at a BOA regional. The program is coming back to greatness fast. Just need a few more members. I 

Round Rock: Late 2019 was very promising for this band after early season results were very concerning. Will they return to their 2013-2016 levels? Id say its possible. 

Cedar Ridge: My choice to upset Leander, if it happens. Very solid program across all captions. Could see them snag their first regional title! 

1 hour ago, AlsoIntoSpace said:

I thought that this was the year the "Area every year" went into effect, and according to the UIL website the recommended date for 5A Area this year is October 31st, which conflicts with BOA San Antonio. To me that would mean if Leander went to SA then they wouldn't go to the Area contest. Sorry if I made it seem like I was referring to a conflict with Waco; we've always had Region on a Tuesday (I think it's great because it frees up a weekend for another contest).

This is correct. Every Year Area is in effect starting this fall. Leander, Hendrickson, Rouse, Cedar Park, Wakeland, and Weiss are all skipping to go to BOA San Antonio. It seems Aledo, Lebanon Trail, and Wylie East are going to opt for Area instead. Burleson Centennial has neither listed, so presumably their directors are still weighing the choice or need approval. Highland Park and Dripping Springs have yet to update their calendars, but I assume both will go to Area. I couldn't get into Friendswood's calendar and can't find Lone Star's site.

1 hour ago, Cityscapes said:

Lot of cool stories could unfold here:

SFA: Could potentially medal for the first time since 2010 at a BOA regional. The program is coming back to greatness fast. Just need a few more members. I 

Round Rock: Late 2019 was very promising for this band after early season results were very concerning. Will they return to their 2013-2016 levels? Id say its possible. 

Cedar Ridge: My choice to upset Leander, if it happens. Very solid program across all captions. Could see them snag their first regional title! 

Although their mid-season results can be a bit hit or miss I'd consider Bowie in this too!

1 hour ago, FaultLineBlues said:

Although their mid-season results can be a bit hit or miss I'd consider Bowie in this too!

Definetely, cant believe I missed them!

1 hour ago, LeanderMomma said:

Yes Bowie is who I would give the greatest shot at upsetting Leander here at Waco. Then Round Rock and Cedar Ridge. This one is no guaranteed win for sure and Leander knows that!

The band that I am most excited about seeing here is Owasso!  (I hope their guard wears shoes this time. ?)

Im a little biased but if SFA improved as much between 2020 and 2019 as they did between 18 and 19, I think they will be in the conversation as well.

1 hour ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I would love to see waxahachie medal.  It might be a long shot, but they've got the chops.

It could happen. The directors there have taught very effectively and their members REALLY buy into what they are performing. Even if it dosent happen this year, it will happen. 

Waxahachie medaled last year at Waco. It's going to be more difficult this year but possible. I always like to see how Waxahachie does compared to different bands to try and get an idea of where they would land at SA, if they were to attend.

Lots of bands that had strong seasons last year. I wonder how different all of our predictions will be.