2019 Football Playoffs...

LeanderMomma

Just thought this might be an interesting subject as we enter the post season, especially since many of our marching bands are still busy performing at playoff football games!

Just saw that Duncanville REALLY whipped Flower Mound earlier today in the AT&T stadium. Who do they play next?

Who else won their playoff games today and who and where do you play next?

The Woodlands beat Cypress Woods yesterday in a stupidly intense game. Seriously, we went into overtime (after barely missing a field goal that would have ended the game then and there) 21 to 21 and came out 34 to 28. It was so back and forth that I'd have been fine with the season ending then and there. We do however get to play against Prosper next week, so that'll be fun!

The Woodlands beat Cypress Woods yesterday in a stupidly intense game. Seriously, we went into overtime (after barely missing a field goal that would have ended the game then and there) 21 to 21 and came out 34 to 28. It was so back and forth that I'd have been fine with the season ending then and there. We do however get to play against Prosper next week, so that'll be fun!

I’m giving serious consideration to attending that one!

Allen lost on Saturday to Rockwall, in a very exciting game that ended with a score of 60-59.  That game also was my last game as a marching band parent volunteer, as my youngest is a senior.  It's been a fun 7-year ride loading, unloading, rolling, lifting, carrying, fixing, etc., etc., etc. while having a front row seat on the field at nearly every performance.  Next year, I'll be a spectator for SFA Lumberjack Marching Band performances, where my daughter will be going.  I'm also looking forward to attending a few marching competitions and being able to watch other bands.  And, if all goes as planned, in the fall of 2022, I will become a band director parent somewhere in Texas, when my oldest graduates from Texas Tech with his music education degree.

Just thought this might be an interesting subject as we enter the post season, especially since many of our marching bands are still busy performing at playoff football games!

Just saw that Duncanville REALLY whipped Flower Mound earlier today in the AT&T stadium. Who do they play next?

Who else won their playoff games today and who and where do you play next?

This was Flower Mound's FIRST trip to the second round ever.  For that they got to play the #1 team in the state.  (at least the score wasn't as bad as Southlake Carroll over Lewisville 84-0 in the first round)

And we confirmed that the Death Star (a.k.a.Jerry World) is horrible for marching bands.

This was Flower Mound's FIRST trip to the second round ever. For that they got to play the #1 team in the state. (at least the score wasn't as bad as Southlake Carroll over Lewisville 84-0 in the first round)

And we confirmed that the Death Star (a.k.a.Jerry World) is horrible for marching bands.

So sorry y’all had to play D’ville first. Reminds me of the time Leander had to play Lake Travis.

In Waco.

I remember too many trips to Waco over the last few years for football games. 2016 it seemed like every game was in Waco....

In Waco.

I remember too many trips to Waco over the last few years for football games. 2016 it seemed like every game was in Waco....

I remember an Allen/Woodlands playoff game several years ago in Waco at the old Floyd-Casey Baylor stadium.  I think both bands were about half their normal size, and made up almost completely of Freshmen/Sophomores because it was All-Region audition day for both schools.

I remember an Allen/Woodlands playoff game several years ago in Waco at the old Floyd-Casey Baylor stadium. I think both bands were about half their normal size, and made up almost completely of Freshmen/Sophomores because it was All-Region audition day for both schools.

That was actually last year and lemme tell ya, hearing the announcer say "The Allen Marching Band will only be performing with 500 members" was a shocker to the whole band. The amount of people you had missing was the amount we have in our band (I know I talk about the size of your band a lot, but it's just insane)

That was actually last year and lemme tell ya, hearing the announcer say "The Allen Marching Band will only be performing with 500 members" was a shocker to the whole band. The amount of people you had missing was the amount we have in our band (I know I talk about the size of your band a lot, but it's just insane)

It happens every year, I just didn't remember it being with The Woodlands last year at Baylor McLane also.   The one I was thinking of was in 2013 at the old Baylor Floyd Casey stadium.