2020 Boa Grand Nationals

21 hours ago, LHSax said:

Curious is they’ll adjust their show if we have a local circuit...sounds like they had something special planned for a GN year (hoping they give it another shot when this is all over)

2021 could be a big "Texas" year at Grand Nats if all those that planned for this year just back up their plans by one year. I know that Reagan had planned to attend this year and VR - 2021 would be the normal rotation for TWHS and CTJ is considering matching that rotation where they go every other year on the Non-state years.

Would be interesting if TWHS, CTJ, Reagan, and VR as well as any others that jump on to 2021 rotation

Hmmm, I imagine 2020, in whatever form it takes, may offset the schedules of some of these bands. Fundraising may be a bit difficult in these times, and there’s obviously many many other variables to planning these trips...although it’s possible they get to save a good chunk of money if this year is reduced.

Pragmatically, sending 7-8 of our top bands would be amazing, but also kind of redundant with SA at that point....at some point your just knocking your own groups out of finals. Will be interesting for sure. 

I heard this is the week when a number of school districts will announce they’re going non-competitive. Who knows if my rumor mill will bear out, but something to be on the lookout for.

I’ve also heard that are a number of other school districts that would be ready to announce a totally non-competitive season as a group, but for one or maybe two schools holding on.

21 minutes ago, principalagent said:

I heard this is the week when a number of school districts will announce they’re going non-competitive. Who knows if my rumor mill will bear out, but something to be on the lookout for.

I’ve also heard that are a number of other school districts that would be ready to announce a totally non-competitive season as a group, but for one or maybe two schools holding on.

At this point, nothing surprises me. 

appears that the most of the DFW area districts have called off their competitive marching seasons - have heard of a few others - here in San Antonio we have not heard anything - so it is a no news is good news at this point in time. the data changes every day - Saw that Tournament of Roses cancelled the 2021 parade

strange times