Well - I started the 2019 BOA San Antonio feed a year ago - yes - it was just a day or so after the 2018 event.but looking at the data - that feed had more than 1,900 replies (and will get more I am sure.) and had more than 256,000 views.

so lets start talking

so in addition to the normal discussion of who will win, place and show - some things to consider

• Will BOA have Semi's in San Antonio?
  • Will UIL proposed changes impact BOA SA - will bands have to choose?
  • Will adding Semi finals and a Thursday event impact participation in the dome

ready - set - GO!!!

Area contests will be held for all classifications every year. Next year 5A area will occur on the same weekend as BOA SA.

Seems like a lot of the top class 5A bands like Cedar Park, Rouse, Wakeland, etc. would probably decide to enter BOA San Antonio rather than compete in the area contests. This could open up the area contests for a lot of other bands to get into finals and have that experience, which is always a good thing.

Seems like a lot of the top class 5A bands like Cedar Park, Rouse, Wakeland, etc. would probably decide to enter BOA San Antonio rather than compete in the area contests. This could open up the area contests for a lot of other bands to get into finals and have that experience, which is always a good thing.

This is another thing that concerns me about every-year area and BOA SA conflicts. Since many of the top bands may opt to skip area in favor of BOA SA, the prestige of the label “Area Champion” will be muddied as other bands in the area that debatably perform at a higher level will not compete at the Area contest at all.

This is another thing that concerns me about every-year area and BOA SA conflicts. Since many of the top bands may opt to skip area in favor of BOA SA, the prestige of the label “Area Champion” will be muddied as other bands in the area that debatably perform at a higher level will not compete at the Area contest at all.

I understand that perspective, but I think it can be beneficial to the bands that wouldn't normally make Area finals to get the opportunity to do so and experience finals in a UIL setting.

the numbers this year for SA far exceeded the number requested for Gnats. there is a cap that was lifted 2 years ago from 64 to 84 for all Super Regionals but there are many that were turned away for San Antonio - there were more than 90 that applied for SA

If I remember correctly, there was around 105 bands that applied for BOA SA. Then BOA started cutting bands out of the contest due the cap limit. And at the same time I believe there was only 80-95 bands entered GRAND NATS.