Weiss

Friendswood

Burleson Centennial

Wylie East

Aledo

Eastlake

Forney

Highland Park

I think this is solid based on the season so far. I think Rouse and CP medal, and not sure who on top. I don’t think show style is as important as years past, but performance is and both of those groups do it well. The rest of the lineup order is up for grabs imo, the groups are all somewhat close in skill, difficulty and have different strong points. Performance time might be a factor, might not. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and what the kids do with their 8 minutes!

Cedar Park is the champion it is hard to see them not winning, no other groups match them musically. However, in two years i think Rouse or Weiss might put up a strong fight. 

And if Leander moves down to 5A they will push each other.  It could be LISD sweeps again if that happens.  And watch out for Glenn high school in two years.

I think we’re going to see bands people expect lower in finals to do well in finals this year. Groups such as lone star, Wylie East, Lebanon trail, Hp, centennial, weiss, and McCallum. 1 might even break the top 3 barrier, who currently I believe to be cedar, dripping and Rouse. I expect some groups to do better than predicted.

I agree with you.  I think Highland Park will land in the top 3 this year, knocking out Dripping Springs.  I also expect groups like Lebanon Trail, Mcallum and Midlothian to break into the top 12.

And if Leander moves down to 5A they will push each other.  It could be LISD sweeps again if that happens.  And watch out for Glenn high school in two years.

If Leaner does move down then 5A would be extremely competitive, for years Cedar Park, Dripping Springs, and Vandy (before they moved up) held on to the purse strings. As a lot more districts invest in their bands we will see a fight for first place. For example, 6A has many great groups and finally after so many years we see a band not from the Dallas suburbs win. I think we will be see alot of that in the next coming state competitions.

I find it weird a lot of people seem to under estimate McCallum this year. Ik they beat Drippings Springs at Cap City and even in topped Drippings Springs in Area.

McCallum has a more dynamic sound than Dripping Springs, with a more difficult book.  Musically, they're superior.  Visually, I'd say both are pretty clean, but Mac's uniforms hide dirt better.  I'd give the nod to DS in guard, by a fair margin.  All in all it balances out to a slight edge for Mac, as seen at both Cap City and Area.