Way off topic--newest Apple update?

LeanderMomma

I was all about the Samsung life for a good 20 years, but my daughters all have IPhones, and in order to easily Facetime and chat with my girls AND my grandson, I had to join the dark side.  I got an IPad first, so it wasn't too difficult to switch phones this past Spring.  There are definitely some things I miss about my Galaxy phones, but there are also some things I really love about the IPhone.  This new update isn't one of them.

I was all about the Samsung life for a good 20 years, but my daughters all have IPhones, and in order to easily Facetime and chat with my girls AND my grandson, I had to join the dark side.  I got an IPad first, so it wasn't too difficult to switch phones this past Spring.  There are definitely some things I miss about my Galaxy phones, but there are also some things I really love about the IPhone.  This new update isn't one of them.

I actually have a company iPhone that I use grudgingly. I just updated it so I haven't had the pleasure? of finding out much about this update yet.

I actually have a company iPhone that I use grudgingly. I just updated it so I haven't had the pleasure? of finding out much about this update yet.

My husband got his update first and he has been a grouchy bear ever since!  I got mine Monday night and now I understand why.  :lol:  They changed EVERYTHING!

My husband got his update first and he has been a grouchy bear ever since! I got mine Monday night and now I understand why. :lol: They changed EVERYTHING!

My hubby is in IT and can’t fathom why I don’t jump and update it the day it’s released... sometimes he bribes the kids to update their phones because they put it off for so long. ☺️

I'm in IT, and I advise people to hold off updating to a new release of anything unless it's a security patch.

See that makes sense in my mind...

He’s just always been one of the first to download/upgrade/etc- since we were in college.

He does app deployment/end user stuff... I can use the IT vocabulary, but I don’t know much more than that. Lol!

I'm confused?!? Just updated my phone and I don't see much of a difference. Is it different across the different phones because I'm on the iphone 8 plus?

No, my hubby's is an 8 Plus.  Did it not ask you a bunch of questions when you turned it back on after the update?  And the bluetooth is going to give you issues if you don't go back and give all your permissions all over again.  And the new emoji's are SO ANNOYING.  And it's hard to skip past them.  They really want you to use unicorn emoji's for some reason.  :lol:

I'm adjusting to the changes now, but still occasionally run across things that annoy me.  

Mostly just little things... they sometimes mess up us older generations.

yeah, you nailed it right there.  I'm sure the young folks love all the new stuff.  It's irritating to those of us that learned one way and then have to keep relearning a new way to operate our phones.  We don't like change!!   :D  :D  :D

No, my hubby's is an 8 Plus.  Did it not ask you a bunch of questions when you turned it back on after the update?  And the bluetooth is going to give you issues if you don't go back and give all your permissions all over again.  And the new emoji's are SO ANNOYING.  And it's hard to skip past them.  They really want you to use unicorn emoji's for some reason.  :lol:

I'm adjusting to the changes now, but still occasionally run across things that annoy me.  

It did ask me questions but my I was able to use my airpods right away without needing to give permission or anything. Also, I'm not getting any unicorns  :P. If anything, I'm a little jealous