2020-2022 UIL Realignment

Are we looking at another LISD South medal sweep in 2021? Leander- Cedar Park- Rouse ? Or maybe a different order but something like that?

And weirdly, that makes me sad too. I don’t want Leander to get in the way of what Rouse and others are accomplishing at the 5A level these days. Cedar Park will be fine regardless of what Leander does, of course.

Am I being silly?

Such mixed feelings about this if it happens. Kinda hard to go back down when you have gotten a taste of success at 6A UIL like we did last year (5th place overall) against the best and biggest high school bands in the state! But I know our athletes would appreciate the drop back down. I’m just sad to think about no longer competing against the 6A bands anymore. That UIL experience last year was pretty darn cool for the band from little ol Leander, Texas. :)

I hope this doesn't happen! If it does, we'll be missing state my senior year, and 6a was a blast to compete at :/ I'm not really sure how this whole system works, but I can see us losing enough people to drop between this year and next year due to the usual moving around, as well as people who drop IB and have to return to their home campuses though

Edit: I suppose fun to compete at isn't the right wording. I'm sure 5a would be a blast too, it was just fun to see everyone again three days after SA and be on the field next to Vista when they won and got swarmed :')

• 3 weeks later...

Not a fun drive! My husband's office is around that area but thankfully he works from home and only has to drive in on rare occasions! We both worked in Plano for the same company until a few years ago, I don't think I could drive that far to work!

That’s one reason why we moved to n fort worth(Keller) from Frisco. People here think traffic has us bad but it’s not even in the same hemisphere as Frisco traffic.

I’m not sure about the small school philosophy at Frisco and now Prosper. At least in terms of parent and crowd support, the 4 6a high schools in Keller isd get a lot more support than Frisco’s legion of 5a schools.

That’s one reason why we moved to n fort worth(Keller) from Frisco. People here think traffic has us bad but it’s not even in the same hemisphere as Frisco traffic.

I’m not sure about the small school philosophy at Frisco and now Prosper. At least in terms of parent and crowd support, the 4 6a high schools in Keller isd get a lot more support than Frisco’s legion of 5a schools.

I don't see how the school size has anything to do with it.

Lots of changes in the DFW area. Looks like Boswell and Chisolm Trail are both now 6A along with Little Elm and Denton Braswell. Richland and Summit back to 5A.

What is crazy to me is that Prosper only dropped 250 students from two years ago despite the new school submitting 1800. That means they grew over 1500 students in 2 years. I hope they have plans for a third school soon!

5A was a beautiful war this year. The next 5A contest is going to take it up a notch. With Leander ISD having Cedar Park, Leander, Rouse as the heaviest hitters and Glenn making a quick upswing it will be exciting. Not only at finals but shows like the Leander Festival of Bands, Texas Marching Classic are going to be even more intense.

Wakeland, Highland Park, and Dripping Springs are going to be at the top of the spear. Competition is great as it makes everyone step up their game, hopefully eliminating the 6A lock in BOA.

Hendrickson will likely be in contention for a medal, too.