2020-2022 UIL Realignment

Hutto might be 6A. Hearing Leander and Hendrickson going down to 5a. Source? A reporter from the Statesman on Twitter!

Interesting. I hadn’t heard anything about it for Leander. It sure would help out our poor football team to drop back down to 5A but I would definitely miss the 6A band world. I definitely have mixed feelings about this.

Interesting. I hadn’t heard anything about it for Leander. It sure would help out our poor football team to drop back down to 5A but I would definitely miss the 6A band world. I definitely have mixed feelings about this.

The cutoff for 6A last go round was 2199.

Leander apparently reported 2199 on Thursday. If the cutoff was that number two years ago, it’s likely to go up.

Hutto would likely move up, which is weird in my mind because I distinctly remember their numbers sagging 10 years ago.

So if Leander dropped to 5a on enrollment, they would miss on competing for state next year? Doesn't seem fair!

On the brighter side...it could potentially open up a better window to get back to Grand Nationals.  When we went in 2016 I don't think the plan was to have to deal with UIL that year but we unexpectedly got bumped up to 6A (by 10 students) which forced us to do BOA SA, UIL, and GN in the same week.  If we were to get off the 6A state cycle, then we could get back to GN in three years (2022) and not have UIL state to deal with.  Disclaimer....this is just me thinking out loud....I have no inside knowledge.   

The cutoff for 6A last go round was 2199.

Leander apparently reported 2199 on Thursday. If the cutoff was that number two years ago, it’s likely to go up.

Hutto would likely move up, which is weird in my mind because I distinctly remember their numbers sagging 10 years ago.

I’m curious to see how it ends up. Again, I have very mixed feelings about it!

I was looking at the enrollments, and I would be curious what how the enrollment in the Plano schools have gone up/down over the last 
few years with all of the expansions with Allen and Frisco.   The numbers are still large, but the Senior High Schools being only grades 11/12, and the 
enrollments including the two 9/10 feeder schools, I was trying to figure out if total enrollment is down, or if the band sizes are smaller
for other reasons.  I know Plano Senior is the largest of the bands at the moment.   Plano East is much smaller than when my son was there.  

Plano West 5654 (Jasper and Shepton are feeder schools)

Plano East 5342 (McMillian, Williams, and the Academies are feeder schools)
Plano 5197 (Clark and Vines)

Does anyone know where I could find previous years numbers?

Frisco was a tiny school district twenty years ago too! Aren’t they gearing up for number 11 now?

I don't know, they could very well be gearing up for 11 (there are 10 now!).   I know when I moved here in 1988 (as a young, single 26 year old), we use to go to Addison or Lower Greenville to go out as 

Plano only had a Bennigens or Chili's, LOL.   On occasion, we might drive up Preston Road (single lane highway) and go out to eat lunch somewhere on Main street.   The Dallas tollway ended at Plano Parkway I think!   

I worked at the old EDS campus (Electronic Data Systems), that Ross Perot built and was really the inspiration to bring business to the North Dallas area.  Never thought

it would ever become so big!

I don't know, they could very well be gearing up for 11 (there are 10 now!).   I know when I moved here in 1988 (as a young, single 26 year old), we use to go to Addison or Lower Greenville to go out as 

Plano only had a Bennigens or Chili's, LOL.   On occasion, we might drive up Preston Road (single lane highway) and go out to eat lunch somewhere on Main street.   The Dallas tollway ended at Plano Parkway I think!   

I worked at the old EDS campus (Electronic Data Systems), that Ross Perot built and was really the inspiration to bring business to the North Dallas area.  Never thought

it would ever become so big!

Back in the mid-90s, we were looking at building a house in this small community called "Frisco"...there was a new development and we could have built a new home for about $115-$120k.

We decided against it......

As the knight said in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, "He chose....poorly".

Back in the mid-90s, we were looking at building a house in this small community called "Frisco"...there was a new development and we could have built a new home for about $115-$120k.

We decided against it......

As the knight said in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, "He chose....poorly".

LOL... I live in Plano but work in Frisco, 7.5 miles took me over 30 minutes this morning. Everything is so built up now, too much traffic!

Sorry to get off topic... it just floors me that Prosper is expecting so much growth there would be 10 high schools!

LOL... I live in Plano but work in Frisco, 7.5 miles took me over 30 minutes this morning. Everything is so built up now, too much traffic!

Sorry to get off topic... it just floors me that Prosper is expecting so much growth there would be 10 high schools!

It was pretty bad when I lived in Plano from 2004 to 2007. I used to drive from east Plano (less than a mile from Plano East HS) to Irving (just west of Las Colinas, near MacArthur Blvd and 114) for work. Talk about a fun drive! :)

It was pretty bad when I lived in Plano from 2004 to 2007. I used to drive from east Plano (less than a mile from Plano East HS) to Irving (just west of Las Colinas, near MacArthur Blvd and 114) for work. Talk about a fun drive! :)

Not a fun drive! My husband's office is around that area but thankfully he works from home and only has to drive in on rare occasions! We both worked in Plano for the same company until a few years ago, I don't think I could drive that far to work!

High school number 11 is under construction in Frisco and will be named Emerson, it’s gonna relieve enrollment at Independence, which is about 40 students away from being 6a, as well as Liberty

I think I read that there will be a 12th school eventually too, it will actually reside in the West McKinney area.

Leander turned in 2202. I believe the 6A cutoff starts at 2190. Basically that means if the cutoff moves up, Leander drops to 5A. since I doubt they’ll move it up by less than 12 lol.

Such mixed feelings about this if it happens. Kinda hard to go back down when you have gotten a taste of success at 6A UIL like we did last year (5th place overall) against the best and biggest high school bands in the state! But I know our athletes would appreciate the drop back down. I’m just sad to think about no longer competing against the 6A bands anymore. That UIL experience last year was pretty darn cool for the band from little ol Leander, Texas. :)