3:00 - Summit

3:15 - BREAK

3:30 - Lake Highlands

3:45 - Sachse

4:00 - Lake Ridge

4:15 - Duncanville

4:30 - TAMUC in Exhibition

5:00 - Prelims Awards

Looks like the DFW BOA this weekend may be overshadowing this contest? (isn't DFW BOA this weekend?) I'm not versed enough in marching bands (I was choir in high school, so this is all new to me) to be able to make predictions, but surely someone out there has some predictions for this contest? It's only 3 days away.

I’ll take a stab at it.

1. Summit: After an awesome showing at Area B finals last year, it seems like they’ve improved immensely based off of a video I saw from them. The woodwinds make their presence known and the horn line has some beautiful moments (yes mellos). I think they can win this.

2. Duncanville: They’ve been fairly quiet this season but make no mistake Duncanville is Duncanville. I have no doubt that they’ll sound great but my main concern is what this group can do visually. Nonetheless its not a good idea to doubt this group as they have a knack for rising to the occasion as they did in a very competitive Area B last year proving many people wrong.

3. Lake Ridge: They seem to have a good chunk of their show on the field and are fairly clean at that. I believe this cleanliness will be rewarded and they’ll sit at third.

4. Sachse: This group always seems to bring unique and interesting ideas to the field when I see them.

5. Lovejoy: For their size, they can put out some sound. They put together a gorgeous show last year and am excited to see what they do this Saturday.