Things we love outside of band...

LeanderMomma

Anyone watching FIFA Women’s World Cup?

I’m no Uber-feminist, but women’s sports absolutely do not get the respect that they deserve.

Put both my daughters through select soccer and coached both. So, yeah, I guess I'm kinda into the Women's World Cup. Women's fussball (yes I keep tabs on the German soccer teams) is so much more traditional and pure than the men's soccer nowadays. Like softball too.

Girls Rule!

Wasn't a band geek until my oldest daughter converted me 7/8 years ago. Luv her for that by the way.

I was one of the guys who always crashed the band parties "to make new friends"...yes all my girlfriends were in band. Played baseball, football, soccer and was one of the original "Scaters" back in the 70's. I had a 8 ft tall trick ramp set up out on our street that brought all the kids in the neighborhood out to test their board skills. I guess that daredevil type atmosphere affected me some. In high school when I wasn't playing soccer or behind a camera, I was getting thrown off bulls and broncs and when that wasn't enough I got behind the wheel and took to the track.

Now days when work allows, I'm into photography (my passion since I was very young), video production & editing, 3d CGI & solid modeling. Which is what I do for a living, so I guess work is...fun?

I don't really follow traditional pro sports much anymore. They've all become too political and money driven. I'd just as soon take in a youth league, or high school sporting event. If I had to say I follow a pro sport, it would be baseball leaning toward the Rangers then the Astros, then who ever the underdog is in any particular game.