2019 Band Productions

This came out over a month ago and I completely missed it!

Cinco Ranch HS - Ascendance

“Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary” - Henry Purcell

“Harrison’s Dream” - Peter Graham

“Dancer in the Dark” - Bjork

“Fight Song” - Rachel Platton

On Facebook - Cinco Ranch Cougar Band

So Westwood finally put out the official announcement about their show.  Here are the details.

The Westwood Warrior Band is thrilled to announce our 2019 production, Believe! Let us take you on a journey back to your childhood when you believed in the magic of Christmas. Join us as we visit childhood traditions, along with these firsts:

First time you saw Santa Claus  
 First time you put up a Christmas tree  
 First time you saw snow and made a snowman  
 First time you saw The Nutcracker ballet 

Featuring music from The Polar Express, The Pines of Rome, The Nutcracker, Carol of the Bell, Peace on Earth and other timeless holiday classics. In your heart, mind, spirit and soul you know you want to Believe! 
#believe #firstsnowfall #firstchristmas #firstnutcracker #firstsnowman#firstsanta #polarexpress #pinesofrome 
#carolofthebell #peaceonearth 

• 3 weeks later...

Band camp officially started today!! We still don’t know the name of the show... we heard that was just decided this last week. We’ll see if any other announcements are made to the band now that camp has started. The guard saw the sketches of their costumes and are excited... all I can say is TWHS is trying out some new things.

Band camp officially started today!! We still don’t know the name of the show... we heard that was just decided this last week. We’ll see if any other announcements are made to the band now that camp has started. The guard saw the sketches of their costumes and are excited... all I can say is TWHS is trying out some new things.

Anyone else see the checkered line with a yellow background l that The Woodlands posted to their Instagram? The caption says “What Does This Make You Think Of” and came out of left field, it might be a show hint or maybe not

I can’t confirm or deny. While I know a little bit about the show- I have no idea if that post was hinting at something or not. I can’t wait till we find out all the details though. Parent exhibition is Aug 17th. We might not have any full details until then. Who knows...

Supposedly The Woodlands’ show is entitled On the Town and features music from Bernstein’s “On the Town”. It would make sense that the yellow image from Instagram is a taxicab or something along those lines.

Sounds a lot like the On The Waterfront show they did in 2016 with music from Bernstein. I’m not complaining though. That is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Who knows? ‍♀ They were announcing the booster club meeting and listing the items on the agenda and said we would get more info about the marching program- and gave that name.

Could be a mistake.

Not a mistake on the show name, but possibly a mistake on releasing it. According to some of the students, the director allowed them to confirm that the show title is "On the Town" and that they are playing music from Bernstein's On the Town. My theory is that the taxicab-looking design that they posted on Instagram is going to show up somewhere in their show, either on a flag or on a prop or as a tarp. Their Fourth of July post also had a #nyc which makes me think "the Town" is New York City. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.