DCI 2019 Schedule

BigTrombone

Yesterday the schedule for the 2019 Drum Corps season dropped. Before I highlight the Texas events some highlights include:

- The Tour Premier will return to Detroit for a second year.

- Due to a scheduling conflict, there will be no dome competition in St. Louis. This event will now be held in Belleville, IL.

- Quashing rumors that costs would prevent them from returning, DCI will still hold the Southeastern Championship at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.

- The Open Class Championships will move from Michigan City, IN to Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, IN.

Now to highlight next years Texas events. I'll also post where each corps are competing, with the exception of the Southwestern Championship.

7/18/2019: DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX, Competing Corps: Genesis, Guardians, Jersey Surf, Madison Scouts, Music City, Oregon Crusaders, and Spirit of Atlanta.

7/18/2019: DCI North Texas, Denton, TX, Competing Corps: The Academy, Blue Knights, Boston Crusaders, The Cadets, Carolina Crown, The Cavaliers, Colts, Crossmen, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Phantom Regiment, and Troopers.

7/19/2019: Tour of Champions - Texas, Katy, TX, Competing Corps: Blue Devils, Blue Stars, Bluecoats, The Cadets, Carolina Crown, The Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, and Santa Clara Vanguard.

7/20/2019: DCI Southwestern Championship, San Antonio, TX

7/22/2019: DCI Mesquite, Mesquite, TX, Competing Corps: Blue Devils, Blue Knights, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, The Cavaliers, Colts, Crossmen, Madison Scouts, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Spirit of Atlanta, and Troopers.

• 3 months later...

Wow that'll be a neat venue for all these corps to perform in really early in the season! An infinitely better venue than the Clifton, New Jersey, stadium where they usually host the show.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just going to say that those going to the MMX camp or going to watch the videos that are inevitably going to be posted afterward are about to be blown away like they never have been before by this program this year. I'll be at the camp and can't wait to have an absolute blast. I'm so excited. Hope to see you there. I'll be the tall white kid wearing a black Nebraska hat if you happen to see me somewhere and are able to run into me. Can't wait to see Dylan out there either reppin' Johnson along with a a few others as I imagine along with the few other members that I remember. 

Just going to say that those going to the MMX camp or going to watch the videos that are inevitably going to be posted afterward are about to be blown away like they never have been before by this program this year. I'll be at the camp and can't wait to have an absolute blast. I'm so excited. Hope to see you there. I'll be the tall white kid wearing a black Nebraska hat if you happen to see me somewhere and are able to run into me. Can't wait to see Dylan out there either reppin' Johnson along with a a few others as I imagine along with the few other members that I remember.

What is MMX camp?

I was so captivated by Bloo's show. Haven't seen SCV yet but from what I have seen from something else I think boston and bloo are at the head of the pack right now.

I think Crown is going to get old kind of.  They'll probably start off hot, but will go down to 5th.  Boston HAS to do something GE wise, cause they are way back.  

Whatever we see at Broken Arrow when the top 8 + Phantom face off for the first time will not be what we see at SA, and what we see at SA will not be the same at ATL.  This is setting up to be an ultra competitive season.

I was at the Madison show on Saturday night and loved the Crossmen show.  They were on right after Colts and my first thought was the big boys have come to play. The Colts never seemed to "lock in" with the beat but maybe we missed something as were over on the 10 yd line in the cheap seats, so it sounded a bit muddy.   The Scouts were having uniform issues so marched without their coats and a Scout parent said they were concerned about them making finals this year.  I'm learning the DCI side of things after years of marching band, but found it interesting that my placements of the evening were close.  I would have flipped the Blue Stars with Crossmen.  Crown had their sound that you could feel.  The space between all that tonguing was unreal this early in the season, not sure if that is normal or not, but that was clean and impressive.   We got back home in time to watch a bit of the Zionsville show last night on FloMarching, (too tired to hit the stadium) and my wife and I both think that Crown was a better the night before. Going to be an interesting season and looking forward to figuring out how judging works in this circuit.

I was at the Madison show on Saturday night and loved the Crossmen show. They were on right after Colts and my first thought was the big boys have come to play. The Colts never seemed to "lock in" with the beat but maybe we missed something as were over on the 10 yd line in the cheap seats, so it sounded a bit muddy. The Scouts were having uniform issues so marched without their coats and a Scout parent said they were concerned about them making finals this year. I'm learning the DCI side of things after years of marching band, but found it interesting that my placements of the evening were close. I would have flipped the Blue Stars with Crossmen. Crown had their sound that you could feel. The space between all that tonguing was unreal this early in the season, not sure if that is normal or not, but that was clean and impressive. We got back home in time to watch a bit of the Zionsville show last night on FloMarching, (too tired to hit the stadium) and my wife and I both think that Crown was a better the night before. Going to be an interesting season and looking forward to figuring out how judging works in this circuit.

I know you must be so anxious to see your boy’s drum corps in action. Will there be a chance for the rest of us to see it on FloMarching?

I know you must be so anxious to see your boy’s drum corps in action. Will there be a chance for the rest of us to see it on FloMarching?

I don't think they are going to be on FloMarching until the Open class championships.  We already have plans to see them live in a couple weeks when they get going and of course my wife has been sewing on uniforms.  They started this past weekend with a local parade but beginning to learn the field show today after already memorizing their music.  Their first competition is not until 7/11.  I guess things are a bit different with Open class as he only has a 7 week tour and they were less than half the cost of the big boys, which is next year's goal.

I don't think they are going to be on FloMarching until the Open class championships. We already have plans to see them live in a couple weeks when they get going and of course my wife has been sewing on uniforms. They started this past weekend with a local parade but beginning to learn the field show today after already memorizing their music. Their first competition is not until 7/11. I guess things are a bit different with Open class as he only has a 7 week tour and they were less than half the cost of the big boys, which is next year's goal.

Open Class is a great way to get your start before the intensity of World Class. And the insane amount of time and money involved in World Class, oh my! I hope his corps has an amazing season!

Man those Bluecoats are really killing it this season. There are so many amazing shows this season that it's gonna be extra hard for the judges to score at finals this season. My personal favorites from an enjoyment standpoint so far are Crossmen and the Bluecoats. 

I can't believe SCV just topped last year's "Highest Note Played in DCI History" with a note that is a whole third above that one. 

I can't believe the perfection in tuning and balance in Crown

I can't believe difficulty of Boston's show, and I gotta love that Sylvester Stallone reference thrown in there.

I can't believe the ballad in the Blue Devil's show.

I can't believe a lot of the cool things this season has brought us. This is definitely going to be one fun finals night, not one that you want to leave your seat in the middle of. 

• 2 weeks later...