New, growing schools

LostChoirGuy

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe if BOA ever decides to rotate GN around and hold it in AT&T stadium.

No! Anywhere but there! Maybe Allen stadium. ;)

GAH!  NEVER!  The Death Star is where sound goes to die.

Completely unrelated and late, but just curious, why is the At&t stadium so horrible with sound? Are the acoustics not great?

I go to Princeton, which has an enrollment around 1200 (I've heard as high as 1500, but I don't know how reliable that figure is) and my mom thinks that is still too big. She went to school in the late 80s at Quitman (small town in East TX) and she says Princeton is too big because the teachers don' know the kids, as in know a lot about their life, what they are going through, involved in the community, etc., not just names to faces and a few fun facts. I went to Texarkana Pleasant Grove my freshman year (2016) which has an enrollment around 700, and my mom says that was better but not good enough. I think what it is is that my mom's opinion influenced my own opinion

PG was probably closer to around 600 kids when you were here, interestingly enough though the community and district is growing faster than ever. Freshman class is almost 50% bigger than the senior class thanks to lots of move-ins. Only time will tell if it will speed up enough to push the school up a division (400ish kids is a lot of growing to do to hit 5A), but it would be very interesting. Not sure how the band would fair though, private lesson teachers and techs aren't exactly abundant in this area and those are pretty key to being successful in the larger divisions.