2019 5A State

But if two bands perform their drill very well, the one with the harder drill will still receive a higher score won't they?

On the margins I think that’s how it works, but for 5A and 6A I personally think that visual scores recently, barring one anomalous medal, have tracked pretty well with cleanliness in general, for the most part disregarding difficulty.

On the margins I think that’s how it works, but for 5A and 6A I personally think that visual scores recently, barring one anomalous medal, have tracked pretty well with cleanliness in general, for the most part disregarding difficulty.

Cedar Park vs. Dripping Springs? I thought Dripping Springs was an obvious winner in terms of visual cleanliness and should have earned 1st place. But I don't know how to access the caption scores from the 2017 contest though, so Cedar Park's music scores may have outweighed Dripping Springs'.

Friendswood can't be counted out because they have done well when at this classification level in the past. However, they have lost a few major assistant directors and junior high directors and have started their decline. I'd be surprised if they performed at the level they were at from 2003-2015, when they were one of my favourite bands in the Houston area and state. Things could change for them if they find a director to whip them back into shape. 

One HS asst director moved to Dawson, still have the same head director and 1 jr high director left but the new head director has been there for years and is doing great things with the jr high kids. 

They were much better than expected. The show was kinda weird but they performed very well compared to past years at the SA super regional.

Of the past 4 years last year was our lowest placement.  2015 we were #15 in prelims just missing finals, 2016 #25 in prelims,  2017 #28 in prelims,

2018 #37 in prelims. 

Cedar Park vs. Dripping Springs? I thought Dripping Springs was an obvious winner in terms of visual cleanliness and should have earned 1st place. But I don't know how to access the caption scores from the 2017 contest though, so Cedar Park's music scores may have outweighed Dripping Springs'.

That wasn’t the example I thought of. I personally thought that could have gone either way, although I much preferred one of those shows to the other.

Does anyone know how Forney did this year?

This is all I could find online for contest results in 2018:

• 3rd in the Saginaw Showcase (US Bands) contest
  • 1st in 2A for BOA Bedford, (Finals Cancelled)
  • Got all one's at UIL Region 3 contest

Here is a video of them at UIL (Area?).  

Does anyone know how Forney did this year?

it was our first year with a new director and assistant, and our first year in BOA. we're looking forward to next year, we have a cool show! not to mention we have a young band, i'd say over half are freshmen and sophomores right now.

Bridgeland should technically be in 5A at the moment, they're classified by UIL rules as 5, according to Cyfair ISD's enrollment lists. It is peculiar that they are considered 6A given their size.

I'm assuming they're 6A for all sports? Maybe the band will stay in 5A, Naaman Forest did that back in 2017 I believe

Bridgeland should technically be in 5A at the moment, they're classified by UIL rules as 5, according to Cyfair ISD's enrollment lists. It is peculiar that they are considered 6A given their size.

The school district has the option to ask that a school be classified up to be in a UIL district with sister schools.  That may or may not be the case here.

I'm sorry but you guys are underestimating SA Veterans Memorial. They're a fairly new school having been only opened for 3 years. But this past season they've done some really great stuff. Our numbers are expected to grow a lot this upcoming season and we're basically the underdogs. Plus we've beat some great bands too cause nobody ever sees us coming!