2019 5A State

• 4 weeks later...

I’m really hoping to see Paetow make a statement with their first year of eligibility for 5A state. They’re performing at 2 BOA events this year, so it’s reasonable for me to assume they’re taking this whole “marching band” thing seriously and will elevate their standards quickly this season.

I’m really hoping to see Paetow make a statement with their first year of eligibility for 5A state. They’re performing at 2 BOA events this year, so it’s reasonable for me to assume they’re taking this whole “marching band” thing seriously and will elevate their standards quickly this season.

Theyve struggled a bit with growing the program but thqt didnt stop them from being very very very visually clean!

Theyve struggled a bit with growing the program but thqt didnt stop them from being very very very visually clean!

Sweet, thanks for updating me! I never got a chance to see them myself.

I believe this upcoming year is their first year with 9-12 graders, so I’m excited to see what they can do.

I'm super curious to see how Cedar Park fares this year after they had some setbacks last fall. Will they come roaring back into competition (both BOA and 5A state), or are they in a little slump? I'm betting they will come back strong.

Even though I want them to come back strong, I feel like they won't be the clear winner anymore. Feel like one or two more schools other than Dripping Springs could give them a run for their money at State this round.

Even though I want them to come back strong, I feel like they won't be the clear winner anymore. Feel like one or two more schools other than Dripping Springs could give them a run for their money at State this round.

It’s definitely a good time for a new 5A Champion. And Dripping Springs could certainly do it.

Speaking of which, the Dripping Springs guard was phenomenal at WGI Austin this past weekend!!

Well Dripping Springs would just be a different champion, not a new one :P

If Lebanon Trail steps up for 2019 as much as they did between 2018 and 2019 then they will at least place in the top 5. 

Rouse is definitely going to be in the conversation for a medal, as well as Dripping Springs (who I thought should have won in 2017). Not to mention Lebanon Trail and Wakeland. With Cedar Park in the mix, I don't really see any band that is clearly 1st. That doesn't even include Houston-area schools. This sounds like a pretty heated finals competition!