2019 BOA San Antonio

Perhaps what isnt being said is that Carmel wants to do what Avon wasnt able to do. Coming on an even year is the smarter move because most of the best Texas bands dont have G Nats caliber shows and are instead trying to do well at UIL, so Carmel could come in and potentially win.

Personally, I really would love to see the Oklahoma schools lay claim to the San Antonio super regional as well. I know that most of them wouldnt make finals very often, but there are plenty of great Texas bands that still come every year knowing that their chances of making finals aren't great.

There are a large number of great bands in Oklahoma that aren't named Broken Arrow that could be competitive, mostly from the Tulsa area. Union, Owasso, Bixby, Jenks, Mustang, Edmonds... Now, I do understand that St Louis seems to be their super regional of choice, but I think if they ever made the trip they would see how great of an experience it is down here and it would help them to improve at a more rapid pace than St. Louis does.

If San Antonio ever adopts a semifinals format (which I know is not likely) then we would be much more likely to get out of state competitors. That being said, kudos to Camdenton for making the trip and giving a great performance!

Perhaps what isnt being said is that Carmel wants to do what Avon wasnt able to do. Coming on an even year is the smarter move because most of the best Texas bands dont have G Nats caliber shows and are instead trying to do well at UIL, so Carmel could come in and potentially win.

Personally, I really would love to see the Oklahoma schools lay claim to the San Antonio super regional as well. I know that most of them wouldnt make finals very often, but there are plenty of great Texas bands that still come every year knowing that their chances of making finals aren't great.

There are a large number of great bands in Oklahoma that aren't named Broken Arrow that could be competitive, mostly from the Tulsa area. Union, Owasso, Bixby, Jenks, Mustang, Edmonds... Now, I do understand that St Louis seems to be their super regional of choice, but I think if they ever made the trip they would see how great of an experience it is down here and it would help them to improve at a more rapid pace than St. Louis does.

If San Antonio ever adopts a semifinals format (which I know is not likely) then we would be much more likely to get out of state competitors. That being said, kudos to Camdenton for making the trip and giving a great performance!

Isn't the Oklahoma state marching championship usually the same weekend as BOA - SA?

Notable Jumps:

Timber Creek - 7 places from 24 to 17 

Coppell - 7 places from 25 to 18

Vista Ridge - 12 places from 16 to 4

All 3 have a really good chance at making BOA SA Finals (of course Vista Ridge). I believe Coppell is making the trip to Grand Nationals next year for the first time in school history and is looking to make finals. As a close friend of people from both Coppell and Timber Creek, I can't wait to see where this rivalry will take them. 

Notable Jumps:

Timber Creek - 7 places from 24 to 17

Coppell - 7 places from 25 to 18

Vista Ridge - 12 places from 16 to 4

All 3 have a really good chance at making BOA SA Finals (of course Vista Ridge). I believe Coppell is making the trip to Grand Nationals next year for the first time in school history and is looking to make finals. As a close friend of people from both Coppell and Timber Creek, I can't wait to see where this rivalry will take them.

Madison - 15 places, 55 to 40. Sorry if that sounds like bragging. I’m not trying to.

Madison - 15 places, 55 to 40. Sorry if that sounds like bragging. I’m not trying to.

And an 82.6!! That's nearly 10 points higher than last year. You can't quite compare year to year(although I'd argue 17 and 18 scores are very similar) but however you slice it, that's a big leap. Congrats on your hardwork and successful season!

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know the date yet for this?  Usually it is the 1st weekend of November (Nov 1-2, 2019) but I noticed on the MFA website that Grand Nationals is Nov 14-16, 2019.  That would be a two week gap and usually it is only a one week gap.  Does anyone know for sure?

Yep, it is in fact that weekend.

The two week gap has created some gems in the past. Let's hope it does something similar this next year!

Thanks for confirming!!  This is GREAT news for Leander and the rest of #TeamTexas to have some time to make those final adjustments before making the trip to Indy!!  In 2016 we did the BOA SA, UIL State, Indy trip Back-to-Back-to-Back in 9 days so it will be so nice to have some time to practice (and sleep in our own beds) between the two BOA events this time!!

• 1 month later...

But the band I want most to make the trip is TSOPE. IIRC they have never been to a Texas competition but it’s understandable why they don’t. I would just love to see how their designs stand up to the Texas lava pit. I know there are a few Texas bands that design similar to the way they do and it would be quite intriguing to see the comparisons.

But the band I want most to make the trip is TSOPE. IIRC they have never been to a Texas competition but it’s understandable why they don’t. I would just love to see how their designs stand up to the Texas lava pit. I know there are a few Texas bands that design similar to the way they do and it would be quite intriguing to see the comparisons.

Yes, I would love to see Tarpon Springs at San Antonio but that would be quite a trek for them.