Region X this Saturday, October 20th!

I was able to attend the Region X Marching Contest for the first time in many years while being back in southeast Texas visiting family. It sure was windy but thankfully the rain held off!

Most of the traditional band programs were strong (Nederland, LCM, PNG, etc.). I will say to me, however, Lumberton was hands down the best band at the contest in any classification (I thought Lumberton was a 5A, so I was surprised when i saw them in 4A). I was blown away by their sound and their visuals. I would be surprised if they don’t have a strong run at state. LCM may get to state as well depending on the number of spots.

• 1 year later...

Looks like 2 bands advanced to state from region 10 this year!! Is there anyway to find out if this is a record for the region?

I was so heartbroken for BC... I was really hopping all 3 could make it.

I know this is 2 years late but wanted to say that 2007 had Anahauc and LCM make it to State from Region X. So, 2007 & 2018 are tied with 2 as far as I know.