Football Teams - 2018

BanderThanYou

I know, I know, before the mob attacks me saying that this forum is for txbands, not their football teams, I am interested in how everyone's football teams are doing. Plus, when a school's football team is doing well, it brings more attention to the band, ultimately it all ties back to the band, right? :D

I, for one, love sitting in the stands during football games and playing stand tunes. It's especially fun when our team is on the verge of winning and we're blasting our songs as loud as possible to cheer them on. 

How's everyone else's school's football team doing currently?

Porter is currently 4-2, probably soon to be 4-3 after our game against Port Arthur Memorial this Friday (that’ll be a rough trip/weekend in general) Our football team has been progressively getting better, and pulled one of the biggest upsets in district history when we beat a top 15 school (Crosby) at the beginning of the 2016 season after having a 1-9 record the season before.

Allen is doing what Allen does - 6-0, gearing up for another state championship run.  Our head band director is a big football fan, and previously was a college band director, so he's really good at getting the band involved in the game.  Halftime is the band's time to shine, but during the game, the band's job is to support the team.

After three district (6-6A) games, Flower Mound (4-2; 3-0) is currently in first place.  However, their toughest games of the year are the next three games on the schedule.  They will play Hebron (4-2; 2-1) this week, The Mound Showdown at FM Marcus (4-2; 2-1)  on Oct 26, and at Coppell (4-2; 2-1) on Nov 2.  They finish the season at home vs Irving-MacArthur.

• Flower Mound lost to Keller-Fossil Ridge and Prosper in out of district play.  They have District victories over Lewisville, Irving, and Irving Nimitz
  • Hebron lost to Keller Fossil Ridge in out of district play, and then lost to Coppell 16-15.  They have District victories over FM Marcus and Irving-Nimitz
  • Coppell lost to Allen in out of district play, and then lost to Lewisville 13-6 last week.  They have District victories over Irving-MacArthur and Hebron.  Coppell plays FM Marcus this week.
  • FM Marcus lost to Arlington Bowie in out of district play, and then lost to Hebron 35-20 last week.  They have District victories over Irving and Irving-Nimitz.  FM Marcus plays Coppell this week

Coppell, Flower Mound, FM Marcus, and Hebron are the four teams currently projected to make the playoffs for District 6-6A

I get to be in the press box for FMHS vs Hebron this week :)

I really wonder what it’s like to sit across from a band that size in a game situation. Wow.

My favorite story about this:  in 2014, Allen was playing DeSoto in a playoff game at AT&T stadium.  I would estimate that there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20000 Allen fans at the game.  DeSoto had the ball, and their field position put them right in front of the Allen band.  DeSoto's coach complained to the ref that the band was too loud and he wanted the noise rule enforced against the band.  So, before the next play, the ref announced over the PA to the entire crowd that the Allen band was not allowed to play while DeSoto had the ball on that end of the field.  At that point, DeSoto found out that 20000 booing fans make WAY more noise than the band.  When their QB went under center for the next play, he looked up to the ref and signaled that he couldn't hear anything.  The ref (via hand signs) basically told him, "you got what you asked for".

My favorite story about this:  in 2014, Allen was playing DeSoto in a playoff game at AT&T stadium.  I would estimate that there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20000 Allen fans at the game.  DeSoto had the ball, and their field position put them right in front of the Allen band.  DeSoto's coach complained to the ref that the band was too loud and he wanted the noise rule enforced against the band.  So, before the next play, the ref announced over the PA to the entire crowd that the Allen band was not allowed to play while DeSoto had the ball on that end of the field.  At that point, DeSoto found out that 20000 booing fans make WAY more noise than the band.  When their QB went under center for the next play, he looked up to the ref and signaled that he couldn't hear anything.  The ref (via hand signs) basically told him, "you got what you asked for".

Ha, that IS a great story.  Makes me feel a little bad for all the teams you guys play against, though.   :lol:  :lol:

After three district (6-6A) games, Flower Mound (4-2; 3-0) is currently in first place.  However, their toughest games of the year are the next three games on the schedule.  They will play Hebron (4-2; 2-1) this week, The Mound Showdown at FM Marcus (4-2; 2-1)  on Oct 26, and at Coppell (4-2; 2-1) on Nov 2.  They finish the season at home vs Irving-MacArthur.

• Flower Mound lost to Keller-Fossil Ridge and Prosper in out of district play.  They have District victories over Lewisville, Irving, and Irving Nimitz
  • Hebron lost to Keller Fossil Ridge in out of district play, and then lost to Coppell 16-15.  They have District victories over FM Marcus and Irving-Nimitz
  • Coppell lost to Allen in out of district play, and then lost to Lewisville 13-6 last week.  They have District victories over Irving-MacArthur and Hebron.  Coppell plays FM Marcus this week.
  • FM Marcus lost to Arlington Bowie in out of district play, and then lost to Hebron 35-20 last week.  They have District victories over Irving and Irving-Nimitz.  FM Marcus plays Coppell this week

Coppell, Flower Mound, FM Marcus, and Hebron are the four teams currently projected to make the playoffs for District 6-6A

I get to be in the press box for FMHS vs Hebron this week :)

I am also a Football alumni parent as my son (who marched in the band as a freshman) played football for FMHS for four years.  I'm glad for support from band to football and football to band.  Anyhow to update the 6-6A standings:

Flower Mound 4-0 District; 5-2 overall

Lewisville 3-1 District; 5-2 overall

Coppell 3-1 District; 5-2 overall

Hebron 2-2 District; 4-3 overall

MacArthur 2-2 District; 4-3 overall

Marcus 2-2 District; 4-3 overall

Nimitz 0-4 District; 3-4 overall

Irving 0-4 District; 0-7 overall

If the season ended today, FMHS, Lewisville, Coppell, and Hebron would be in the playoffs

This is the first time EVER for Flower Mound to be in first place in the district this late into the season.

Last week's results:

Flower Mound outlasted Hebron 38-35

Coppell nipped FM Marcus 24-23

(I can verify that neither of the first two games had the bands perform at halftime, fans were disappointed) 

Lewisville blasted Irving 61-10

MacArthur beat Nimitz 50-18

Games this week:

Flower Mound at Marcus for The Mound Showdown

Coppell vs Irving

Lewisville vs Nimitz

Hebron vs MacArthur

Our  football is terrible at Harker Heights, they've won 1 game, and it will be the only game they win this year. My 7 year old daughter always tells a friend of mine, who works closely with the football team, how if they one did... (whatever she thinks they should have done) and my friend always tells her she agrees, and maybe the next game they coach. I do feel bad for our football team, they've had a rough year. 

TWHS is 5-2. They lost their first 2 games and have won 5 straight in the district.

Oh, and the game the band didn’t attend they won by something like 45 points.

Sorry for the waaaay late reply. But yeah TWHS has always had a good football team in recent memory. When playing against them, it was never a matter of who was going to win, but by how much they would win by

I am also a Football alumni parent as my son (who marched in the band as a freshman) played football for FMHS for four years.  I'm glad for support from band to football and football to band.  Anyhow to update the 6-6A standings:

Flower Mound 4-0 District; 5-2 overall

Lewisville 3-1 District; 5-2 overall

Coppell 3-1 District; 5-2 overall

Hebron 2-2 District; 4-3 overall

MacArthur 2-2 District; 4-3 overall

Marcus 2-2 District; 4-3 overall

Nimitz 0-4 District; 3-4 overall

Irving 0-4 District; 0-7 overall

If the season ended today, FMHS, Lewisville, Coppell, and Hebron would be in the playoffs

This is the first time EVER for Flower Mound to be in first place in the district this late into the season.

Last week's results:

Flower Mound outlasted Hebron 38-35

Coppell nipped FM Marcus 24-23

(I can verify that neither of the first two games had the bands perform at halftime, fans were disappointed) 

Lewisville blasted Irving 61-10

MacArthur beat Nimitz 50-18

Games this week:

Flower Mound at Marcus for The Mound Showdown

Coppell vs Irving

Lewisville vs Nimitz

Hebron vs MacArthur

Here is your weekly District 6-6A recap.

Flower Mound beat Marcus 59-21 to win The Mound Showdown

Coppell beat Irving 48-13

Lewisville topped Nimitz 35-7

Hebron outlasted MacArthur 24-17

Standings:

*Flower Mound 5-0 District 6-2 overall

Lewisville 4-1 District  6-2 overall

Coppell 4-1 District 6-2 overall

Hebron 3-2 District 5-3 overall

MacArthur 2-3 District 4-4 overall

Marcus 2-3 District 4-4 overall

Nimitz 0-5 District 3-5 overall

Irving 0-5 District 0-8 overall

*-Clenched Playoff spot

Games this week 11/1 & 11/2:

Flower Mound at Coppell (the winner of this game is the likely District 6-6A champion)

Lewisville vs Hebron

Marcus vs MacArthur (loser is eliminated from the playoffs)

Irving vs Nimitz

Looks like FloMo is bringing the mojo! ;)

Yes! This is the first time the Jags have been in the playoffs since my daughter's freshman year (she graduated in 2015).  We are in year three of Coach Basil, this is the first winning record since that playoff year in 2010 (where they got absolutely killed by the eventual champion Southlake Carroll 81-10 IIRC)