Princeton SOF and Mineola Contests

These are the first 2 contests where a lot of major 4A players will make their first appearance, Princeton mainly, also throwing in the solid 5A program Red Oak (2017 Area C finalist), but this contest is almost entirely 4A state finalists and will probably be the only chance for most of these bands to meet at once before area and state levels.

My bet will be on North Lamar to win, Whitesboro will easily win 3A and will have a good chance at finals without being the 3A Exhibition

post-25643-0-03352000-1538353484_thumb.png

Mineola will be a little less interesting, and probably only that notable to east texas people rooting for their home bands, and victory is almost certainly between Tyler Lee or the major 4As Canton and Spring Hill, but it will be our only chance prior to Area to really see how Spring Hill stacks up versus it's corp-style competition in 4A. 

post-25643-0-83432700-1538353778_thumb.png

I will be going to this contest as my son is in the Clark HS Band in Plano (9th and 10th grade only).    I wasn't sure about 
the 4A bands listed and how good they are. We are trying to figure out if they have a chance at Finals or not.   
With two 6A bands and two 5A bands,  I would assume they would make finals. so that would leave only 6 spots.  
Not looking good if all the other 4A schools are state finalist!     But they have a good band, so we'll see!  

I will be going to this contest as my son is in the Clark HS Band in Plano (9th and 10th grade only). I wasn't sure about

the 4A bands listed and how good they are. We are trying to figure out if they have a chance at Finals or not.

With two 6A bands and two 5A bands, I would assume they would make finals. so that would leave only 6 spots.

Not looking good if all the other 4A schools are state finalist! But they have a good band, so we'll see!

Believe it or not, I'd put Clark and all the major 4A programs above most of the 5A and 6As here except Red Oak (unless I'm missing something, but Garland and Nimitz are the ones I see in 6A), Clark has a shot at finals for sure, good luck to you and your son!

Believe it or not, I'd put Clark and all the major 4A programs above most of the 5A and 6As here except Red Oak (unless I'm missing something, but Garland and Nimitz are the ones I see in 6A), Clark has a shot at finals for sure, good luck to you and your son!

Thank you!   I know the kids are working hard and they have some nice music in their show.    I didn't get there in time to see their performance last Wednesday (I got there about 10 minutes too late!), and all others

have been rained out.   My son got his braces off yesterday and I was teasing him that he should have waited because they have a competition on Saturday.  He is a clarinet player and is part of a little ensemble

that plays in one part of the show...   he will be able to play fine, but I had to give him a hard time about not wanting to wait to get them off, LOL. 

I think Garland and Nimitz are the 6A ones. Garland is actually playing on the Mesquite Invitational in the morning and then coming out to play in the Princeton one.  Long day for those kids, but they will get 3 performances

in if they make finals.

• 1 year later...