Pearland High School

Oak Ridge High School

Clear Brook High School

Little Cypress Mauriceville HS

J. Frank Dobie High School

North Shore Senior High School

Waller High School

Stephen F. Austin High School

What are your thoughts on the bands? Will Pearland take 1st after the strong finish last year leaving them in top 40 in the nation and end SFA's streak will they keep the streak or maybe another band LET OUT YOUR OPINIONS

Here are the bands competing in 2 weeks 

Angleton High School

Ball High School

Clear Falls High School

Clear Lake High School

Dawson High School

Texas City High School

Dickinson High School

Pearland High School

Oak Ridge High School

Clear Brook High School

Little Cypress Mauriceville HS

J. Frank Dobie High School

North Shore Senior High School

Waller High School

Stephen F. Austin High School

What are your thoughts on the bands? Will Pearland take 1st after the strong finish last year leaving them in top 40 in the nation and end SFA's streak will they keep the streak or maybe another band LET OUT YOUR OPINIONS

I will be the first to admit that other than Pearland and North Shore, I am not really familiar with the current quality of these other programs. I have been really impressed with the two I mentioned in the last couple of years.

I’ll take a stab on it.

1. Pearland

2. SFA

3. North Shore

4. Dawson (Idk this program but it seems they’ve done well in the past)

5. Clear Brook

6. Oak Ridge

7. Waller

8. Clear Falls

9. Dickinson (May be off on this)

10. Clear Lake

The top competitors are fairly close in terms of achievement level. Although this is my list, I’m hoping there will be an upset that will spell excitement for the future of the season. However, Pearland doing amazing will be just fine too.

Also, SFA seems really solid. I saw then perform from the sidelines this past week.

I’ll take a stab on it.

1. Pearland

2. SFA

3. North Shore

4. Dawson (Idk this program but it seems they’ve done well in the past)

5. Clear Brook

6. Oak Ridge

7. Waller

8. Clear Falls

9. Dickinson (May be off on this)

10. Clear Lake

The top competitors are fairly close in terms of achievement level. Although this is my list, I’m hoping there will be an upset that will spell excitement for the future of the season. However, Pearland doing amazing will be just fine too.

Also, SFA seems really solid. I saw then perform from the sidelines this past week.

I’m only familiar with those top 6 bands but I’d agree with your prediction.

Does anyone know if this contest is judged more like BOA or UIL? That would make a big difference in outcome here. Some really great schools competing in this one. I think it could turn out with any one of Pearland, Oak Ridge, Clear Brook, North Shore, SFA, or Dawson on top.

I think it’s more like BOA because I’ve seen the score sheets the past few years and the scoring looks similar to the kind of contest with GE seeming to be a big deal instead of just relying on marching and music like UIL

• 2 weeks later...

i’ll put in a prediction based on what i have seen of these shows

1. Pearland

2. SFA

3. Dawson

4. North Shore

5. Oak Ridge

6. Clear Brook

7. Waller

8. Dickinson

9. Clear Falls

10. Clear Lake

I am big fan of both dawson pearland but i feel dawson has been steadily getting farther away from pearland in terms of skill and overall show quality pearland on the other hand has been getting exponentially better over the past 2-3 years with their last show being amazing also SFA has always been a very great band but this year i feel pearland is doing better based on what i have seen

i’ll put in a prediction based on what i have seen of these shows

1. Pearland

2. SFA

3. Dawson

4. North Shore

5. Oak Ridge

6. Clear Brook

7. Waller

8. Dickinson

9. Clear Falls

10. Clear Lake

I am big fan of both dawson pearland but i feel dawson has been steadily getting farther away from pearland in terms of skill and overall show quality pearland on the other hand has been getting exponentially better over the past 2-3 years with their last show being amazing also SFA has always been a very great band but this year i feel pearland is doing better based on what i have seen

Whats Pearland’s show this year?

Unfortunately I didn’t go to the competition so I can’t weigh in personally on my thoughts on how the bands did, which is a bummer; I love to show some much needed love for the Houston area bands. Though historically speaking, none of the caption wins surprised me. Dawson’s guard is always on point, Clear Brook’s percussion is essentially God, and then SFA always seems to always win this contest with the most caption wins.

I wish the website showed the detailed scores and the placement of other bands to see how close the scoring was.