3. Timber Creek

4. Coppell

5. Prosper

6. Waxahachie

7. Haltom

8. Keller Central

9. Richland

10. Duncanville

Keller - Pretty much a lock. Always doing well and this year is going even better.

LD Bell - Strong band with great players. Cant seem them out of state this year despite maybe not an optimal BOA Dallas finish.

Timber Creek - Early lead over Coppell must feel great. Young band with lots of potential to make State Finals.

Coppell - When have they not made state finals? Should've definitely placed higher at BOA Dallas, and will be itching with redemption.

Prosper - Great band great show. Grand Nationals should set them up for a nice finals approach, and they are looking strong.

Let's not forget that BOA and UIL are scored much differently, so if certain bands placed higher than others in BOA competitions this doesn't necessarily mean they will place higher at Area. Waxa, Bell, Coppell, and even Duncanville have historically always done VERY well in the UIL Scoring system. Of course, those scores, particularly the music and visual scores, help us gauge more or less where everyone is at but I would still take them with a grain of salt.

Personal predictions:

1. Keller

2. Prosper

3. Coppell

4. Bell

5. Waxahachie

6. Timber Creek

7. Duncanville

8. Haltom

9. Plano East

10. Keller Central

Considering that this is a UIL event, groups like Coppell, Duncanville, and Waxahachie need to be taken very seriously.  Great bands that march and play really well are the ones that get rewarded.  Don't be surprised of some of these historically successful groups place higher than some of the up and coming groups like Prosper, Timber Creek, Haltom, or even Keller.

Considering that this is a UIL event, groups like Coppell, Duncanville, and Waxahachie need to be taken very seriously. Great bands that march and play really well are the ones that get rewarded. Don't be surprised of some of these historically successful groups place higher than some of the up and coming groups like Prosper, Timber Creek, Haltom, or even Keller.

Keller does better at UIL than BOA, we’ve seen that year over year.

I can’t make any good predictions because I’ve been to three competitions in various weather states and not been able to see most of the bands in this area.

But I think Keller is good. Prosper can be very good if the 4 minutes of performance I saw at HEB continues throughout the rest of their show. L.D. Bell is good, just some pacing and design things to work out. I’ve yet to see Timber, Coppell, Richland, Duncanville, Martin, etc.

I think this Area will only take 5 bands. And I will hopefully be at the Area competition to enjoy all of the great bands.

Opinions based on what I have seen (now that I got to see Richland and Trinity perform).  I still haven't seen Haltom, Mansfield, or Plano East.

1. Keller

2. LD Bell

3. Coppell

4. Waxahachie

5. Timber Creek

6. Prosper

7. Duncanville

8. Richland

9. Haltom

10. Keller Central

11. Plano East

12. Trinity

13. Martin

14. Mansfield

15. Carroll

I could go on, but I think top 15 is probably good enough.  That 5th/6th spot was really tough to decide.  Timber Creek has looked very good this year but I also haven't seen either show for several weeks and it would not surprise me to see Prosper pass up Timber Creek in UIL.

Opinions based on what I have seen (now that I got to see Richland and Trinity perform). I still haven't seen Haltom, Mansfield, or Plano East.

1. Keller

2. LD Bell

3. Coppell

4. Waxahachie

5. Timber Creek

6. Prosper

7. Duncanville

8. Richland

9. Haltom

10. Keller Central

11. Plano East

12. Trinity

13. Martin

14. Mansfield

15. Carroll

I could go on, but I think top 15 is probably good enough. That 5th/6th spot was really tough to decide. Timber Creek has looked very good this year but I also haven't seen either show for several weeks and it would not surprise me to see Prosper pass up Timber Creek in UIL.

Just found a video of haltom from the game last night on Facebook if your interested . If you look up haltom football broadcast on Facebook the band plays at 1 hour and 21 minutes . They have the football dad talking over a lot but it was still nice to watch and see how they are doing .

Just found a video of haltom from the game last night on Facebook if your interested . If you look up haltom football broadcast on Facebook the band plays at 1 hour and 21 minutes . They have the football dad talking over a lot but it was still nice to watch and see how they are doing .

They look a lot better than early season, but I’m not sure it’s enough to qualify for state. Though it was hard to tell a lot about the music with it being muffled and talked over some.

They look a lot better than early season, but I’m not sure it’s enough to qualify for state. Though it was hard to tell a lot about the music with it being muffled and talked over some.

Yeah I really couldn’t hear much. I just kinda watched the movement lol . But I mean I’m going Monday to watch region 31. To watch all those groups so I’ll see whats happening with everyone

1: Haltom

2: Keller

3: Waxahachie

4: LD bell

5: Coppell

6: Prosper

7: Keller Central

8: Plano East

9: Richland

10: Duncanville

11: Timber Creek

12: Mansfield

13: Lake Ridge

14: Martin

15: Summitt

16: Fossil Ridge

17: Trinity

South Grand Prairie beat Fossil Ridge at a contest tonight. What could that mean for them?