Songs you love to see in a program

It got quite a bit of love in the early 2010s, but I’d really love to see New Moon in the Old Moon’s Arms utilized more. The only notable performances of it I can think of since Cedar Ridge in 2013 have been North Shore and Galena Park playing it last year, and both did a great job with it.

Look up Lawrence Central 2001. It's the best use of that piece on the field. It's also notable in the fact that they won GN without winning any captions. 

It got quite a bit of love in the early 2010s, but I’d really love to see New Moon in the Old Moon’s Arms utilized more. The only notable performances of it I can think of since Cedar Ridge in 2013 have been North Shore and Galena Park playing it last year, and both did a great job with it.

Cedar Ridge 2013 is the most underrated BOA show I have ever seen... but your definitely right, that piece is full of untapped music general effect potential. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably not the right thread but I’m going to repeat my long held belief that video game music is some of the most incredibly beautiful music out there today.

Have you heard this music by Mikolai Stroinski from The Witcher 3?

I thought I was the only one!

Isn’t it just stunningly gorgeous music?!

I'd honestly love it if more shows used the Interstellar soundtrack. I think it's one of the best movie soundtracks of all time yet I've only seen it once in a marching show, and that was when the Blue Devils played a small portion of it in 2017

This makes me think: it would be really interesting seeing wind instruments try to pull off a Shepard tone in some way.

Trombones/Synthesizers, perhaps.

• 4 months later...

There is a very strange choral piece that I think could make a really cool band arrangement (albeit difficult). It is called Cantate Domino by Tarik O'Regan. I have tried writing an arrangement, but I am just not talented at writing for instrumental groups, since I don't have experience with most of the instruments.