I'm going to create a directory of sorts...

LeanderMomma

I personally would be impressed. Not a single one of those 2283 posts was a bad post. It goes to show just how much of an amazingly charismatic and sweet person you are. Here's to another 20000 more. :D:wub:

Awww thank you Cody. You are such a great guy. Truly.

Time to get busy posting. Gotta catch up with the Dans. :D

Most recent directory update: 5/20/19  5:25 pm

Forum Name             RL Name               Fun Facts

STAFF:

Danpod                       Daniel (Valdez)       Churchill alumni/TXB staff
LKendrick                   Landry                     TXB Moderator (recent grad student)
Takigan                       Brandon                  Georgetown HS band alumni/Cypress area private lesson teacher/TXB staff
Xenon                         Daniel (Sanchez)    Duncanville alumni/TXB staff

BAND KIDS:

BrewersGrill2319        Dylan                      CTJ French horn/class of '19/CROSSMEN (‘19)
CatOfSachse               *****                       Clarinet at Sachse ('15 - '19)
Dog885                       Josh                        pit @ Anderson (‘16 - ‘20)
Grace                          Grace                      Vista Ridge trumpet ('16 - '20)
J-Mike                         Jon-Michael            Lumberton sax (‘15 - ‘19)
MadisonBandMan1     Cody                      trombone @ James Madison (‘16 - ‘20)
SpartanMarcher          Will                         Porter alto/bari sax (“17 - ‘21)
Stefen                          Stefen                    tuba @ Brandeis ('18 - '22)

BAND PARENTS/FORMER BAND KIDS/FELLOW ADDICTS:

4boysmom                  Chris                       Vista Ridge mom & Band Booster VP; 2 sons currently in the Ranger Band (a bassoon & an oboe);
                                                                   youngest son currently in MS and  plays french horn.
AllenBandDad             Chris                      Allen "Pit Bulls" dad; son played tuba & was a DM; daughter--bass clarinet (’20)
azn                              Grayson                 Berkner '16 (clarinet & bass clarinet); also plays piano, steel drums & alto sax
Babar56                      Bobby                     Richland dad; boys graduated in '11 & '15; drives the SEMI
BandDad84                 Ric                          CTJ Dad ('11 - '15); has another child entering program in 2019
Bandmomx4               Julie                        Dgtr #2 plays clarinet for TWHS ('21), Dgtr #3 will be in flute or colorguard in                             
                                                                  '19;  dgtr #1 (clarinet) graduated TWHS in '18, son (Tuba) graduated from Edmond North
                                                                   (in OK) in '16; mom (Julie) was in choir in Utah
BlackJesus                 Danny                     Former trombone at Poteet HS ('17 grad); played euphonium in Genesis DBC in 2017; was also 
                                                                   in the TAMUC marching band '17 - '18 (trombone)
FerrisHalliwell             Jeff                          Clarinet/DM @ Liberty-Eylau ('14);  works with LE colorguard as a volunteer. 
FloMoParent               Kevin                      Dgtr (clarinet) graduated in '15 and attends the U of AR (go piggees!); son (trumpet & trombone
                                                                   and also played football) graduated in '18 & also at U of AR.  Kevin is active in Band Boosters
Garchomp                   Gilbert                     Former Vista Ridge band member (graduated in '16)
gregorydf                    Greg                         Vista Ridge dad of Grace and Gilbert; was in Plano band '78 - '80
HardCoreBandFan       ****                         Round Rock dad ('16) and also a Dripping Springs fan
Herbaflerb                    ****                         fellow band addict/former Cedar Ridge band student ('19)
HighSchoolBandNerd212                           Vandegrift alumnus; played clarinet
JosephBandFan         Joseph                     Keller brother (graduated in '17); brother plays clarinet ('17 - '21)  
LastChoirGuy             David                        Keller brother (graduated in 2012--sister in Keller band 04-06)
LeanderMomma         Cindy                       LHS mom; did CG and flute in HS in Memphis; LHS flute daughter '13 - ‘17
LHSbandDad              ****                          Leander dad of 3 band kids; flute daughter ('12), saxophone son ('14) & current saxophone son ('20)
livonian                       Tom                          3 band sons (& Tom) all play euphonium/baritone; oldest is Hendrickson grad ('18) and                    
                                                                    music ed major @ UMHB, middle son is in Weiss band ( '21), youngest son (’23);                    
                                                                   Tom met his wife in the Longhorn Basketball Band; she plays clarinet
lostbandmom42          Amy                         son plays baritone for Harker Heights ('21); Amy helps run concessions & chaperones
Mash                           Dave                        Vista Ridge Dad; daughter played clarinet and did CG; son in MS band
Moler512                     Matt                         Bass Clarinet for Vista Ridge/graduated in '16
PESHmom                  Lynn                         Plano East mom; son played clarinet ('12 - '14); also had clarinet daughter at
                                                                    Plano Senior ('14 - '16) & another clarinet son who will attend Plano Senior in '19
RudeDog34                Mike                         Hendrickson dad; daughter plays sax
Samuel Culper           Samuel                     Vista Ridge dad
ScoobyDoo                 Mindy                       Round Rock mom of 3 band grads
TWHSParent              Michael                    The Woodlands pit dad ('15 - '19); was in band in KY '84 - '89

edited to add HighSchoolBandNerd212 (Vandy alumnus) and BlackJesus (Poteet grad).  

One day BlackJesus is going to have to tell us the story of his nickname.   :ph34r:

Since I graduated last night, may I be moved out of the band kid section? I'm sad im no longer a current band member but im not done with music and competitions!

There’s several that need to be moved. I’m in California for a month right now but I’ll get on my daughters laptop this week and revise it. It doesn’t work well when I revise it from my iPad or iPhone for some reason.

Now that I've "seniored out" here it goes.... My name is Garth, and I have a marching band addition.... - Marched trumpet at Springboro, OH a long time ago. Parent to Avon drummer who has now graduated.  Former prop parent and candy stash supplier.   ...and LeanderMomma, I have returned to my orignal handle...I thought, why change? :)

Now that I've "seniored out" here it goes.... My name is Garth, and I have a marching band addition.... - Marched trumpet at Springboro, OH a long time ago. Parent to Avon drummer who has now graduated. Former prop parent and candy stash supplier. ...and LeanderMomma, I have returned to my orignal handle...I thought, why change? :)

Yayyyy!!! :)

Now that I've "seniored out" here it goes.... My name is Garth, and I have a marching band addition.... - Marched trumpet at Springboro, OH a long time ago. Parent to Avon drummer who has now graduated.  Former prop parent and candy stash supplier.   ...and LeanderMomma, I have returned to my orignal handle...I thought, why change? :)

Wait a second... did your son by any chance try out for crossmen?

edited to add HighSchoolBandNerd212 (Vandy alumnus) and BlackJesus (Poteet grad).

One day BlackJesus is going to have to tell us the story of his nickname. :ph34r:

Honestly, it was just a joke going around at the time and I decided to go with it as my username lol

I've been thinking about changing it to SmilesTheBone for years now cause "Smiles" was my nickname in marching band, but I just never did it. Guess I might as well do it now

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most recent directory update: 8/14/19  3:00 pm

Forum Name             RL Name               Fun Facts

STAFF:

Danpod                       Daniel (Valdez)       Churchill alumni/TXB staff
LKendrick                   Landry                     TXB Moderator (recent grad student)
Takigan                       Brandon                  Georgetown HS band alumni/Cypress area private lesson teacher/TXB staff
Xenon                         Daniel (Sanchez)    Duncanville alumni/TXB staff

BAND KIDS:

Dog885                       Josh                       pit @ Anderson (‘16 - ‘20)
Grace                          Grace                     Vista Ridge trumpet ('16 - '20)
MadisonBandMan1     Cody                      trombone @ James Madison (‘16 - ‘20)
SpartanMarcher          Will                         Porter alto/bari sax (“17 - ‘21)
Stefen                          Stefen                    tuba @ Brandeis ('18 - '22)

BAND PARENTS/FORMER BAND KIDS/FELLOW ADDICTS:

4boysmom                  Chris                      Vista Ridge mom & Band Booster VP; 2 sons currently in the Ranger Band (a bassoon & an oboe);
                                                                  youngest son currently in MS and  plays french horn.
AllenBandDad             Chris                      Allen "Pit Bulls" dad; son played tuba & was a DM; daughter--bass clarinet (’20)
azn                              Grayson                 Berkner '16 (clarinet & bass clarinet); also plays piano, steel drums & alto sax
AvonDad                     Garth                      Marched trumpet in Springboro OH; son was an Avon drummer ('19 grad) who also drummed DCI for Shadow in '19; Garth was a Prop Parent
Babar56                      Bobby                     Richland dad; boys graduated in '11 & '15; drives the SEMI
BandDad84                 Ric                          CTJ Dad ('11 - '15); has another son who is a freshman in 2019
Bandmomx4               Julie                        Dgtr #2 plays clarinet for TWHS ('21), Dgtr #3 will be in flute or colorguard in                             
                                                                  '19;  dgtr #1 (clarinet) graduated TWHS in '18, son (Tuba) graduated from Edmond North
                                                                   (in OK) in '16; mom (Julie) was in choir in Utah
BlackJesus              Danny aka "Smiles"   Former trombone at Poteet HS ('17 grad); played euphonium in Genesis DBC in 2017; was also in the TAMUC marching band '17 - '18 (trombone)
BrewersGrill2319        Dylan                      Former CTJ French horn ('19 grad)
CatOfSachse               *****                       Former Clarinet at Sachse ('19 grad)                                                              
FerrisHalliwell             Jeff                         Clarinet/DM @ Liberty-Eylau ('14);  works with LE colorguard as a volunteer. 
FloMoParent               Kevin                      Dgtr (clarinet) graduated in '15 and attends the U of AR (go piggees!); son (trumpet & trombone
                                                                   and also played football) graduated in '18 & also at U of AR.  Kevin is active in Band Boosters
Garchomp                   Gilbert                     Former Vista Ridge band member (graduated in '16)
gregorydf                    Greg                        Vista Ridge dad of Grace and Gilbert; was in Plano band '78 - '80
HardCoreBandFan       ****                         Round Rock dad ('16) and also a Dripping Springs fan
Herbaflerb                    ****                         Former Cedar Ridge band student ('19 grad)
HighSchoolBandNerd212                           Vandegrift alumnus; played clarinet
J-Mike                         Jon-Michael             Former Lumberton sax (‘19 grad)
JosephBandFan         Joseph                     Keller brother (graduated in '17); brother plays clarinet ('17 - '21)  
LastChoirGuy             David                        Keller brother (graduated in 2012--sister in Keller band 04-06)
LeanderMomma         Cindy                       LHS mom; did CG and flute in HS in Memphis; LHS flute daughter '13 - ‘17
LHSbandDad              ****                          Leander dad of 3 band kids; flute daughter ('12), saxophone son ('14) & current saxophone son ('20)
livonian                       Tom                          3 band sons (& Tom) all play euphonium/baritone; oldest is Hendrickson grad ('18) and                    
                                                                    music ed major @ UMHB, middle son is in Weiss band ( '21), youngest son (’23);                    
                                                                   Tom met his wife in the Longhorn Basketball Band; she plays clarinet
lostbandmom42          Amy                         son plays baritone for Harker Heights ('21); Amy helps run concessions & chaperones
Mash                           Dave                        Vista Ridge Dad; daughter played clarinet and did CG; son in MS band
Moler512                     Matt                         Bass Clarinet for Vista Ridge/graduated in '16
PESHmom                  Lynn                         Plano East mom; son played clarinet ('12 - '14); also had clarinet daughter at
                                                                    Plano Senior ('14 - '16) & another clarinet son who will attend Plano Senior in '19
RudeDog34                Mike                         Hendrickson dad; daughter plays sax
Samuel Culper           Samuel                     Vista Ridge dad
ScoobyDoo                 Mindy                       Round Rock mom of 3 band grads
TWHSParent              Michael                    The Woodlands pit dad ('15 - '19); was in band in KY '84 - '89

Okay, here is the latest update with all of the recently graduated band kids moved to the Former Band Kids section.

Everyone look it over and let me know of any changes or corrections that you need me to make.

If I see some names listed here and they haven't been active in 12 months or more, I will move them off the directory.  The purpose of this particular directory is so that we will all know each other better and if someone is inactive, there's no point to having them on the current directory.  I understand that some folks take off in the winter thru the summer, so I won't delete any until later in the season if I see they aren't posting anymore.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...