2018 BOA San Antonio?

I think the Korzeniowski piece was originally going to be in the show, but was changed. The Metallica song is called "Battery" by the way ;D

Oh, well that makes sense!

I'm still not sure who's going to take this, by the way. I don't think there has been a real "all-around" show yet, but there might not be one this year. Flower Mound probably came the closest for me, but Vandegrift was *quite* clean. Then of course Reagan and Leander all had lots to appreciate, but the dirt was noticeable. I suppose I could see why somebody would have Vandegrift, FM, or Reagan in first right now. No strong feelings yet for me. But I'm also a hardcore perfectionist, so there's that.

Oh, well that makes sense!

I'm still not sure who's going to take this, by the way. I don't think there has been a real "all-around" show yet, but there might not be one this year. Flower Mound probably came the closest for me, but Vandegrift was *quite* clean. Then of course Reagan and Leander all had lots to appreciate, but the dirt was noticeable. I suppose I could see why somebody would have Vandegrift, FM, or Reagan in first right now. No strong feelings yet for me. But I'm also a hardcore perfectionist, so there's that.

I get what you mean. Vandegrift seemed the cleanest so far, but Reagan has THE show of the year imo. Flower Mound was kinda the middle ground in these regards. I'm sure Vista Ridge, Hebron, The Woodlands, and CTJ will make things even more complicated tomorrow.

I forgot to ask: Is Reagan using their dance team again? I guess I didn't notice it back at Conroe, but today I saw a group of girls performing turns near the front sideline, and they went around more than once, which immediately made me think that Reagan must be using their dance team again. No offense to the guards out there, but, uh, yeah. That would also explain why they have so many flag girls at the beginning!

I forgot to ask: Is Reagan using their dance team again? I guess I didn't notice it back at Conroe, but today I saw a group of girls performing turns near the front sideline, and they went around more than once, which immediately made me think that Reagan must be using their dance team again. No offense to the guards out there, but, uh, yeah. That would also explain why they have so many flag girls at the beginning!

yes they have been using the dance team the past few years

Definitely some crowd shockers today. If I’d have to take a guess at how prelims will most likely go down for the top 5.

1. CTJ- They may not have performed yet, but this band is just on another level. Their level of performance, attention to detail and their EFFECT. Them going last is only going to punch those numbers through the roof one top of what is already the most GE heavy show in my opinion

2. Ronald Reagan- There is a level of finesse their show presents that none other does. Notable moments are the alternating fugues in the woodwinds, the trombone ballad moment, and that glorious trumpet feature.

3. Hebron- Will someone please nerf their mellos, they are way too OP for this meta.

4. The Woodlands- I’m a true believer in this show, taking the execution from 2013 and 2016 and combining it with 2017s level of design, a real crowd pleaser.

5. Flower Mound- Their visual program is undeniable, and their polka mixed with other styles of music has certain charm to it, especially with Wayne Downey giving it a “Blue devils” feel.

I ranked my the bands that I watched today somewhat based on how much I liked them and also somewhat based on how I think they will do, but I know that I am way off. Still, I will list in order here my ranking of the ones that I think would be good enough at another super regional to be in contention for finals. The First band I saw was Lehman, but I couldnt get my audio to work until Lake Travis.

Reagan

Flower Mound

Keller

Vandegrift

Leander

Bowie

Cedar Park

Westlake

Cedar Ridge

Round Rock

Westwood

Churchill

James E Taylor

John B Alexander

Lake Travis

Pflugerville

Keller Central

I was very pleasantly surprised by Westlake. I also thought Round Rock and Westwood were better than I expected. Keller Central disappointed me a little bit just because I usually love their performances and I didnt think this was as strong. I love Reagan's show this year.

I like Ronald Reagan, Flower Mound, Vandy, Keller and maybe Leander for making finals from today’s group.. Didn’t see TWHS performance, overall I’m still in for CTJ, some people say their show is messy, but like the previous poster I think they are on a different level in some ways. That said general effect won’t win them state. so they better put in everything this weekend for a win. Think flower mound, reagan or Hebron are well situated for tops in uil.

Now that all of today's expected bubble bands have gone, what are your thoughts?

From what I watched, Cedar Ridge came off the strongest to me, but of course I'm not a judge, and that's just my opinion. Hendrickson was a close second, and I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped around, but I personally would have CR ahead. I could definitely see both in finals. Round Rock was very good, just some small inconsistancies here and there, but still SUPER strong and would make a fine addition to finals.

I like Ronald Reagan, Flower Mound, Vandy, Keller and maybe Leander for making finals from today’s group.. Didn’t see TWHS performance, overall I’m still in for CTJ, some people say their show is messy, but like the previous poster I think they are on a different level in some ways. That said general effect won’t win them state. so they better put in everything this weekend for a win. Think flower mound, reagan or Hebron are well situated for tops in uil.