Where do former band parents go to die?

LeanderMomma

Thanks for the replies. I guess that’s a good thing that the actual performances aren’t nerve wracking. As a performer myself, the actual show is infinitely easier than having to sit through the awards presentation. The second I hear chuck Henson’s voice, my heart starts to race a million miles a second lol!

Not sure what my husband and I will do. Our Vandegrift band son graduates this year. Gonna be weird, that is for sure. ^_^

It's an adjustment for sure! But my now graduated band kid is only a short distance away at Texas State, and so we are able to attend all of the competitions together now. It's been a great bonding experience for us!!

It's an adjustment for sure! But my now graduated band kid is only a short distance away at Texas State, and so we are able to attend all of the competitions together now. It's been a great bonding experience for us!!

Visit the shows that are local and wait for my youngest to graduate middle school and join the big band.  He can't wait to wear the super suit.

we still go to the shows - our oldest graduated 3 years ago - now we all attend together while we wait for our youngest to decide if he wants to do band or football - I think he is leaning towards band - we traveled to most of the Texas shows this year - we try to stay involved with our alumni group and still try to support the band when we can. But even as alumni it is still nerve wracking to watch - my daughter cried after Saturdays shows.

I still sponsor the sweepstakes trophies every year for my alma mater in CA that hosts a band review every year. - we occasionally make the trip out to present the awards (when it does not fall on BOA SA weekend)

I don't plan to every stop watching or supporting the marching arts - Go Band!!

we still go to the shows - our oldest graduated 3 years ago - now we all attend together while we wait for our youngest to decide if he wants to do band or football - I think he is leaning towards band - we traveled to most of the Texas shows this year - we try to stay involved with our alumni group and still try to support the band when we can. But even as alumni it is still nerve wracking to watch - my daughter cried after Saturdays shows.

I still sponsor the sweepstakes trophies every year for my alma mater in CA that hosts a band review every year. - we occasionally make the trip out to present the awards (when it does not fall on BOA SA weekend)

I don't plan to every stop watching or supporting the marching arts - Go Band!!

That's really great. Thank you for sharing that info!! I'm so glad to know that there are others in my same shoes that still follow the bands so closely.