TXBands.com "Show of the Week"

TXBands.com newest feature, 'Show of the Week' is now up and running. Every week during the season, I will highlight one Texas marching band or drum corps show and give an in-depth description and analysis of the program. If you've ever wondered how the season went for the band and what the meaning behind the show was....this is the place.

Go to TXBandsPress to see who our first 'Show of the Week' is!

Thanks. smile.gif

QUOTE (Xenon @ Dec 1 2005, 10:10 PM)
Great article, but I was hoping for a little more description of the show, not just what they did during the season.

The video is only of the opener.  sad.gif

Yeah, I've looked all over the net for a full show but no luck so far. If anyone has the full show on their computer, please let me know!

As for show descriptions, expect a more in-depth analysis in the future. I have finals coming up soon and I didn't get the time to study and breakdown L.D. Bell's show. My brain is already fried!!! I wanted to get SotW up and running as soon as possible. This will do for now though. Thanks for the comments. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (MartinHorn @ Dec 16 2005, 02:00 PM)
Really liked the first one. So when is the second one coming?

Expect a new show sometime before Christmas. I didn't get the chance to do one for this week, because I was so busy with school and finals. I apologize for that.

Also, since Chistmas break is here, it's hard to contact band directors and students for information. No worries, a new Show of the Week will be up soon!

smile.gif

Michael

P.S.: Remember, Show of the Week will be changed to a monthly format (Show of the Month) starting in January 2006. It will return to a weekly format once the DCI (Drum Corps) season begins in June.

• 1 month later...