2016 6A UIL State

PESHMom, on 02 Nov 2016 - 16:28, said:

If it makes you feel any better, after PESH went to state with The Bells in 2012 over the Circus Show, I believe our Associate Band Director left and went to FloMo at the end of the year! She is really good :)

And I did enjoy the Circus show very much too :)

Yes, we LOVE Ms Harvey. We are lucky to have her. I believe she came on board for the 2012 year. She was not on staff when my daughter was a freshman in 2011

Edit: I am trying to recall here,

2011 - Paris Show

2012 - The Greatest Show (BOA San Antonio SR Finalist) {Mr. Biskup's first year as Head Band Director}

2013 - FloModern

2014 - Harmonic Tapestries (BOA San Antonio SR Finalist,UIL State Finalist, GN Finalist) {JenniFo CG Director}

2015 - Surreal (BOA San Antonio SR Champion) {Dr. Evans's last year, Now Director at UTA}

2016 - DaVinci's Dream

SO excited to see Hebron, Marcus, and FloMo during finals. As a Hebron Alumni, I know what that band is capable of and what the goal is, and if they let themselves be what they are, they've got it in the bag with no competition. However, Marcus, FloMo, and even Reagan have the same purpose going in and they know how to get it done. With that being said, it's going to be a battle for 1st to hopefully and FINALLY have a new champion. I think it'll be great just to see a new 6A Gold Medalist band in TX and so encouraging for more bands who think that only one band even has a chance at the top spot!

They actually took 5 five bands from Area B in 2012. Flower Mound finished 3rd in prelims but 7th in finals. One of those 5 bands declined State due to another commitment (I think it was L.D. Bell but I may be wrong). So the 6th place band (I think it was Haltom) advanced to State. 

I thought it was Richland.  I know they went to state that year

Just found it...

1 Marcus

2 Hebron

3 Plano East

4 L.D. Bell

5 Richland

6 Haltom

7 Flower Mound

Bell did not drop out of State as I thought, and Haltom did not attend in their place. Richland finished 13th in prelims, Plano East 19th. And then Marcus, Hebron and Bell finished 1-2-3 in State finals.

Yes, when people where complaining about the judging at area B this year (and PESH moving up to take the 5th spot at finals), I just kept thinking about how one judge totally thru PESH under the bus at state in 2012.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but I know one judge had them marked like 2nd to last in music when the other judges had them closer to the top.   But it is what it is so you just accept it and move on knowing you did a great job.   I for one wouldn't want to judge these bands, they are all so good.   

(I'm not justifying anything from the Area B Finals, I wasn't there for the Finals that night, I just know many were upset about the outcome and how the judges could be so far off)

Cy Fair has one of the coolest shows of the year. It kind of goes unnoticed but it's incredible.

Hebron, we might have just witnessed our state champion at 8:40 something AM this morning. That was incredible.

West lake is also making a case for finals, it'll be interesting to see where they line up with the other bubble bands, I personally have them making it about Bell and a few other groups. They're drumline is pretty incredible.

For the streaming video, if you log in, will you be able to rewind the live video feed to see some of the bands I missed?   I remember being able to do this previous years, but can't remember exactly how it worked, or if that was still an option or not.      

Yup!  There is a DVR function. 

Cy Fair has one of the coolest shows of the year. It kind of goes unnoticed but it's incredible.

Hebron, we might have just witnessed our state champion at 8:40 something AM this morning. That was incredible.

West lake is also making a case for finals, it'll be interesting to see where they line up with the other bubble bands, I personally have them making it about Bell and a few other groups. They're drumline is pretty incredible.

2 finalist level performances and we're just getting started. 

Cy Fair is a band I've always thought was just on the brink of that next level.  I think they've crossed it this  year.  That was FANTASTIC!  The show design is so clever and well put together, the drill is insane, and they perform it at an incredibly high level.  Fantastic stuff.  I wish they didn't go first because that show has some serious legs in terms of placement.  They're one to watch next year if they go back to Bands of America San Antonio.

Hebron was Hebron.  Amazing and uniquely theirs brass sound, woodwinds that make that insanity sound easy, and just a beautiful under the sea package to wrap all that up.  They'll be in contention for sure. 

I agree. Cy-Fair's run was extremely impressive. I hope that their performance time doesn't effect their ability to be in Finals, because they sure do deserve it!

2 finalist level performances and we're just getting started.

Cy Fair is a band I've always thought was just on the brink of that next level. I think they've crossed it this year. That was FANTASTIC! The show design is so clever and well put together, the drill is insane, and they perform it at an incredibly high level. Fantastic stuff. I wish they didn't go first because that show has some serious legs in terms of placement. They're one to watch next year if they go back to Bands of America San Antonio.

Hebron was Hebron. Amazing and uniquely theirs brass sound, woodwinds that make that insanity sound easy, and just a beautiful under the sea package to wrap all that up. They'll be in contention for sure.

Cy-Fair had a pretty good run, and we're hoping for the best. We were really close to making finals two years ago, so we think we have a chance to make finals, regardless of our early time. This year has been our breakout year, and it's great to be in the running with the best bands in Texas for the first time.